Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a better pic, for this full shot, but as you can see just the RDA diffuser and the Kaiser side panels. Nothing on the ceiling. The BX sound really good in this room.

View attachment 108355
Sweet! So nothing needed in the corners? That’s what I’m finding for my BX’s as well…What‘s the functionality of the Kaiser’s and what’s the placement position relative to the speakers?

Sweet! So nothing needed in the corners? That’s what I’m finding for my BX’s as well…What‘s the functionality of the Kaiser’s and what’s the placement position relative to the speakers?
Yes, nothing in the corners and there are no major suck-outs or humps in the bass via RTA measurements.

Although the BX as you know do hot move air sideways from the speaker the Kaiser panels are at the first reflection point but primarily because we often move other speakers into the room so they work for not only the BX but other speakers as well. '

The BX don't really need side panels. In my space in Brooklyn, I do not have side treatment and the BX sound VG.

The kaiser wall panels in the Alsyvox room function as simply general broadband absorption to cut down on overall room echo/delay. As Bob said, we are moving speakers in and out all the time with different dispersion patterns and these were effective but not obtrusive and lend to the overall aesthetic. The rooms are both approx 27.5' x 19.5' x 12.5'. Quite a lot of room volume with the ceiling that high. They are also air tight (within reasonable limits) so sound is "trapped" if you will with nothing to do but bounce around.

The kaiser wall panels in the Alsyvox room function as simply general broadband absorption to cut down on overall room echo/delay. As Bob said, we are moving speakers in and out all the time with different dispersion patterns and these were effective but not obtrusive and lend to the overall aesthetic. The rooms are both approx 27.5' x 19.5' x 12.5'. Quite a lot of room volume with the ceiling that high. They are also air tight (within reasonable limits) so sound is "trapped" if you will with nothing to do but bounce around.
Thanks for sharing…I too have some absorption in my room which is very similar to yours (slightly longer but not quite as high ceilings) and found without it the room was just a little too lively - the only thing I will probably change are the panels I have in the middle wall behind the speakers. At the moment I’m using Vicoustic Wavewood panels which act as both absorbtion and diffusion - my preference is to go with what you’re using once I save up some $$$ - I’m assuming that’s the “RD Acoustics Hybrid Diffuser D” behind the speakers?

Jason, (the Audiophile Junkie) visited Chris Hesse, the owner of the Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio location last week. Here is a nice video put together by Jason describing the DFW Rhapsody location....thx Jason.

Loved seeing and hearing everything. More parts to come... Plus I need to come to NYC next

Reactions: Rhapsody
Thx Peter, it's all Chris. It is now ready for you to visit on your next Texas visit. Jason did some video but not of the M9s, which we don't do.

i’m glad the rooms are finished Bob. I will definitely give Chris a call when I next go to Dallas to visit my daughter. The M9‘s would be great to hear but I’m also really interested in the horns and panels in the other room. It should be fun.

Reactions: Hessec
Hi Peter,

Here is a taste of the Kondo/Diesis room in Dallas.

Thank you Bob. It looks like a hand held video. Do you know what recording gear was used to make the video? Also, why not record the M9? Does Magico have a policy against doing so?

I'm not sure what Jason used, I will ask him.

We don't do M9 videos nor does Alon. We've done them and it just doesn't even come close to the in room experience. For those that want to hear M9s we invite you to plan a visit.

These videos don't come close to what it's like sitting in the room either, but it's fun to show off the new showroom.

Jason's visit was just to see the new showroom, no intention of doing masterful audio videos.

Reactions: PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing