This was a pejorative quip so I apologize.

By that I meant a digital source with all solid-state electronics driving multi-way box loudspeakers with complex cross-overs with the sonic objectives of black backgrounds and extremely extended frequency response and low noise floor and pinpoint imaging and maximization of detail and maximization of dynamics.
I’m lost but I love your comments

By that I meant a digital source with all solid-state electronics driving multi-way box loudspeakers with complex cross-overs with the sonic objectives of black backgrounds and extremely extended frequency response and low noise floor and pinpoint imaging and maximization of detail and maximization of dynamics.

Did you just strengthen your pejorative?

Ron, is this a streaming playlist?

No; when I am by myself I virtually never listen to digital.
Or do you listen to one song on a record and then switch to another record?

My consistent convention is to signify an album by using italics and to signify a single song by putting it in quotation marks.

So I listened to I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got and
Bella Donna in their entirety.

Is this a typical listening session?
yes

Reactions: PeterA
Thank you for the supportive comments.

I think y'all just have to come visit!

Reactions: Pokey77
I can imagine Al exclaiming with disbelief when he revisits: "What the the hell have you done?!?!"

Reactions: Al M.
I can imagine Al exclaiming with disbelief when he revisits: "What the the hell have you done?!?!"

Don't worry, Ron, it's going to be fascinating either way. Plan is to come early next year, we'll keep in touch!

Reactions: Ron Resnick
I never had silver speaker cables...mostly due to cost but I have been using all silver interconnects for close to 20 years now. Everytime I try a copper cable, I feel that too much gets lost and go back happily to silver. I also use Goertz Silver Sapphire foil interconnects, Goertz TQ2 silver, Element Cable solid core silver (very thin for my phonostage to amp) and VacuumState silver foil in my two systems.
Interesting...I have enjoyed Transparent Cable for many years, now Opus. But Z:Axis has custom-designed the i2s cable and power umbilicals as well as the power cables for the Robert Koda K15EX and Zanden DAC...all pure silver. Enthralled with all of them.

Overall, I like where I am in terms of the overall balance of the system. And as you point out, cost is a factor when one has bought perfectly great cables...and flipping in/out is not for me unless I am literally trading in at close to par and then finding a worthwhile upgrade which is how we have ended up at Opus.

3 words IMO. Snake River Audio.

If you are going to experiment with differing metallurgies? Ron, I understand you are going to the Capitol Area Audio Fest....

Am I correct?

Tom

Reactions: Arif_in_Japan
3 words IMO. Snake River Audio.

If you are going to experiment with differing metallurgies? Ron, I understand you are going to the Capitol Area Audio Fest....

Am I correct?

Tom
Very interesting! Thanks for that.

Reactions: treitz3

A little buxom bouncing tube slop is always welcome.

Reactions: sc53
Okay, that's what I thought. When you are there, do yourself a favor and check out the Triangle Art room. They will be featuring the Snake River cables in that rig. It will offer you a taste of the bliss I am experiencing in my rig, when it comes to cabling and using differing metallurgies. Jonny (He's the owner of Snake River Audio) will be down in the marketplace in booth #34. If you have a chance to talk to him, he can give you the lowdown on specials he will offer at the show.

I personally highly recommend them. Their cables have made an incredible difference in what the end result is, as to what hits my ears. They truly open up the music to where you are drawn in to the raw power of the music, instead of simply listening.

I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever. I am just a very satisfied customer. If you are to start with something, I highly recommend getting one of their hybrid Signature Series Power cords to start off with. The changes you will hear in your rig will not be subtle and the tone is to die for. FWIW.

Tom

Reactions: GroovySauce
Thank you for the suggestion, Tom! I personally don't believe that I can learn anything about the sound of the cables from listening to them in an unfamiliar system in which they're placed, but I will check them out!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing