Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It is a wide-band positive neutrino generator made by a small company in The Netherlands. The neutrinos are believed to impinge upon microstructures in the eardrums and improve the linearity of high frequency hearing response.
Perfect for California

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and cjfrbw

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I am actually not sure why I shoved the amps to the edges. Tonight I decided tentatively that I'd rather not have them near the line of fire of the back wave of the ribbon panels, so I moved the amps to the more conventional middle position of the room.
never happened until there are pictures!
What kind of lighting would be special lighting?
need cheap soft white "not halogen/not LED" 10-15 watt uplights behind the speakers. so when you dim/turn off the lights you get the glow. don't over-think it. low wattage keeps the ceiling shadows soft and not hard. leave them on all the time, replace every 4-5 months. you won't notice them during the day, but they will always be there when you want them there.

$15-$20 anywhere. get the bulbs at Home Depot.

4200EAA2-DD28-4CFB-AE7F-6F712A1785C4.jpeg

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mike, what are those "orphan" cords back there?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, what are those "orphan" cords back there?
don't want to distract Ron's thread vibe right now. but i have zero orphan wires.

the dual coiled cables are the cables from the passive main speaker towers to the upper and lower bass amps on my bass towers.

the thin wire on the right is a grounding wire from my Tripoint Troy Sig to my passive speaker terminal plate. the thicker wire on the left is a grounding from my Entreq Poseidon/Silver Minimus also to the passive speaker terminal plate, and then thicker wire off to the left is another ground wire from the Entreq to the active bass amp mounting plate on my bass tower amps. the two parallel very thick wires are my suspended speaker cables. these grounding things were worked out 6-7 years ago or so. every couple years i remove it all and re-install it to verify it's helping. tweaks cannot be assumed as your system evolves they can hold things back.

at the top of the picture are the two Absolute Fidelity power cords for the bass tower amps, and an idle set of EA Triple Run 20 amp power cords (for the 468's) as i'm auditioning a new version of the EA power cords.

so i guess there are a couple of orphan power cables after all. :rolleyes:

if you have further questions about this, out of respect for Ron, maybe find a thread about grounding or Tripoint and ask me there. happy to get into the weeds with it.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Yours working again?
Finally opened them up recently, had not even checked the fuses. After switching power supplies and tubes, my conclusion is :One channel plays great and i can't fix them myself ! :rolleyes: One day in the future i will load them in my car with all the other equipment that needs fixing and drive 9 hours to Stockholm where my repair guy lives. Not this week though ! :(

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ron before I knew you had the PendragonI found this speaker for you at CAF 2022. I don't know if it is sonically similar, but it looks a little like yours. I never said anythin gbecause you revealed the Pendrfagon. 20221112_120908.jpg

Reactions: Ron Resnick

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Taste his wife has shown thus far leads me to believe she would be an excellent consultant were special lighting called for. Lola might also be tapped to formalize concepts suited for installation within the BH listening room containing Ron's elaborate audio system.

"Artifice of Vacuum Tube" will probably suffice long after any others have weighed in. ;)

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Ron before I knew you had the PendragonI found this speaker for you at CAF 2022. I don't know if it is sonically similar, but it looks a little like yours. I never said anythin gbecause you revealed the Pendrfagon. View attachment 104177
A tad different in concept...Arion Audio 105db sensitive open baffle line arrays. Pretty cool speakers. They had one of the very large, difficult to handle rooms at CAF....did a good job considering.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
A tad different in concept...Arion Audio 105db sensitive open baffle line arrays. Pretty cool speakers. They had one of the very large, difficult to handle rooms at CAF....did a good job considering.

Is this from Mike who used to distribute Analysis Audio planars?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yeah I had a chat with the designer. I think they were still fleshing things out.

Reactions: Fred Crane

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I found low level saffron lighting to be very relaxing. Tending toward orange, but not quite, like salt lamp hue. A couple of salt lamps with remote dimmers would work.

I used saffron LED when I changed the VU lights on my Yamaha B2 and liked that style of lighting compared to the others.

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Yeah I had a chat with the designer. I think they were still fleshing things out.
Yes, very nice fellow with a good concept. Still sorting through how to approach it as a business. Small makers have to have nerves of steel and magic pockets.

Reactions: cjfrbw

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
It is a wide-band positive neutrino generator made by a small company in The Netherlands. The neutrinos are believed to impinge upon microstructures in the eardrums and improve the linearity of high frequency hearing response.
Pretty sure that neutrino is a misprint, but if it's not, I now understand why Cthulhu was hiding in plain sight as a light fixture in your basement! :)

Beau

Last edited:

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Looks great Ron! I am happy you are nearing the end of your journey. Keep the updates coming.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Pretty sure that neutrino is a misprint, but if it's not, I now understand why Cthulhu was hiding in plain sight as a light fixture in your basement! :)

Beau

No; neutrino is correct. The machine generates tau neutrinos, to be specific.

That's what the manufacturer told me. He said he's an experienced audiophile.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Ron, the room looks great and I am sure it sounds great too. Congrats!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Ditto on the lack of floor bounce concern. The arrays are quite immune to reflections above and below their lowest driver in the array. My experience with line arrays adds the very real benefit of incredible low distortion given how little each driver in the array works for a given output, not to mention the lack of dynamic compression this approach affords. In this regard, LAs can rival some but not all horn systems. Given your sonic priorities Ron I imagine you truly have arrived at your end game! I would love to hear your Pendragons with the SE Magic of the big Trafomatic monoblocks someday:)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
need cheap soft white "not halogen/not LED" 10-15 watt uplights behind the speakers. so when you dim/turn off the lights you get the glow. don't over-think it. low wattage keeps the ceiling shadows soft and not hard. leave them on all the time, replace every 4-5 months. you won't notice them during the day, but they will always be there when you want them there.

$15-$20 anywhere. get the bulbs at Home Depot.

That is a good idea, Mike. Right now I have two of these:

17B0266C-F3CD-4F45-B803-8CB9887FD07A.jpeg

Reactions: Johan K

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing