Roon End-point for Soulution 760 DAC

Are you planning on running Roon Core on the Taiko? I know you were against connecting a Roon Core directly to your DAC. Not sure if you view a streamer with integrated Roon Core the same.
I tend to make choices based on manufacturers/designers information and advice. Even so, sometimes it isn't easy.

Roon Labs first rule for sound quality is "you will not connect the Core to your DAC".

At the same time, Emile from Taiko explains that installing the Core on the server eliminates problems associated with network traffic (which, in the case of music files, is very low, by the way). Having the Core on the server also means having it in a controlled environment.

Both approaches make sense.

It's hard to predict anything. I think the best is to try.

I highly recommend the Stack Link II transport. Designed from the ground up as a Roon Endpoint, with superior clocking and isolation with a very high quality LPS. Its a good starting place, and then you can compare further more SOTA solutions over time.

https://stackaudio.co.uk/link2/

Reactions: bryans
It's hard to predict anything. I think the best is to try.
Yes I agree, I would give both options a try. But I would be pressed to spend upwards of 30K USD and not use everything the box has to offer. I see most of the high-end streamers/servers running music management software internally on the box.

Again congrats and I'm sure the Taiko is going to be awesome.

Reactions: SwissTom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu