Sablon power cords

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Busy day, with lots of orders shipping however here are some of the more interesting ones.

First off, a cord assembly for the CH Precision M1.1 power amplifier. This is part of a full loom order for an all CHP system and the amplifier uses a separate iec to power the display. Due to the layout of the inlets precluding the use of two Bocchino iecs, we went for an Elite NCF cord for the display.

View attachment 75549 View attachment 75551
The IECs are 90 degree oriented to each other. I think Bocchino IECs will fit.

15A is not just to power display. it is also used to power input stage.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Busy day, with lots of orders shipping however here are some of the more interesting ones.

First off, a cord assembly for the CH Precision M1.1 power amplifier. This is part of a full loom order for an all CHP system and the amplifier uses a separate iec to power the display. Due to the layout of the inlets precluding the use of two Bocchino iecs, we went for an Elite NCF cord for the display.

View attachment 75549 View attachment 75551
Hey Mark,

So our Torus AVR16 is also 20amp inlet (ie, the horizontal slats on the left of the above amplifier image). I did not realize your Prince Orange could work here with a different Bocchino IEC? Presume you are happy to terminate the plug side with a [high quality?] blue 3-pin plug that goes into one of those 16amp outlets? Do these 16 amp plugs come in different quality or is all the same quality?

1614814341565.png

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
The IECs are 90 degree oriented to each other. I think Bocchino IECs will fit.

15A is not just to power display. it is also used to power input stage.
You may well be correct in both respects Anthony however I was advised by a CHP dealer familiar with my Bocchino cords and we erred on the side of caution.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Hey Mark,

So our Torus AVR16 is also 20amp inlet (ie, the horizontal slats on the left of the above amplifier image). I did not realize your Prince Orange could work here with a different Bocchino IEC? Presume you are happy to terminate the plug side with a [high quality?] blue 3-pin plug that goes into one of those 16amp outlets? Do these 16 amp plugs come in different quality or is all the same quality?

View attachment 75575

Morning Lloyd, yes the Bocchino iec comes in both 15 and 20amp formats. I'm less confident of the Blue plug fitting as it is unlikely to accommodate the wire gauge however if you could kindly email me the details then I can have a closer look.

Bogan88

Aug 11, 2020
I can confirm Mark's PC works magnificently with my CH M1.1. Adds a dose of musicality and smoothness to the already clean and fast sound of CH.

one little trick I can share is that the massive Bocchino 20A plug sits a bit loose in the CH. Wrapping some teflon plumber's tape (to the desired thickness) does the trick.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have to say its really great to see Mark's cables being used with such great names in ultra high-end audio. WE are talking amps that run high 5 to 6 figures in stereo and mono version like Gryphon, Audio Note, CH, Robert Koda, Zanden. And for some of us who use his cables, we have not found cables (at any price) that we have preferred. I certainly speak for myself on that score, having listened and owned cables that themselves retail for 5 figures that have now gone back out to the 2nd hand audio dealer for resale...thank goodness I bought them 2nd hand in the first place!

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
I don’t usually post peer group comparisons but thought that this one might be interesting. It’s not so much about the brand / model concerned but the price point in which it resides, being several times higher than my Prince model. Is always rewarding to get better sound AND take some money out of one's system :cool:

IMG_4698.PNG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I don’t usually post peer group comparisons but thought that this one might be interesting. It’s not so much about the brand / model concerned but the price point in which it resides, being several times higher than my Prince model. Is always rewarding to get better sound AND take some money out of one's system :cool:

View attachment 75601
I have done that comparison and made my choice. The Ultimate Dream was excellent in the system for several weeks while I compared it with my then reference the PAD Anniversary 25th which is also excellent. In fact, I remain a big fan of PAD having owned their PCs for something like 10 years consecutively...Dominus, 20th and 25th Anniversary. Interestingly, I found more similar than different between the Ultimate Dream and the PAD 25th.

And when I put in the Sablon Prince...I made a decision to be methodical and go cable by cable but instinctively felt that the Sablon Prince would be the first Sablon to replace the entire loom...and with one more cable in the system, I will be there. Though, Marc, we still need to figure out what to do with the 20amp inlet of the Torus and the 16amp outlet from the wall (blue plug)...at the moment, that is Gryphon VIP Ref 5.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
What was fascinating in my whole journey with Mark was my very first trial item, a gold Quantum Gran Corona power cord several years ago. The magic was immediately audible, but everything felt a little too "technicolor". The other brand I was considering, Entreq, felt a little more self effacing and thus more appropriate.
Mark told me to hold my horses, hang onto my chequebook, and give the alternative rhodium a go.
Fascinatingly the overly strong color of the gold was gone, and the inherent qualities of the cord itself shone thru.
Now it was the Entreq cord that felt a tad bland and one-note, the Sablon being even handed but not boring, tonally fleshed out but not overly heavy.
The Sablon beat the Entreq, and handily outshone the Audience Au24 and Zu Event cords that I was using at the time.
And little did I know a full loom beckoned, a second loom, and now Bocchinos connectors upgrades.
What has been an additional positive from my Sablon experience is that as I've made serious jumps in performance across the board, especially room acoustics, the Sablons haven't held any performance back, haven't revealed any hitherto hidden colourations, their qualities enhanced by massive system-wide changes. There was always the risk they could have been colouring my previous sound, and "found out" subsequently.
Nothing of the sort.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
It’s been a longtime comin’….no, not the minor hit from The Quireboys, a mid-80’s English rock band so obscure that even @zerostargeneral may not have heard of…but my big order of Bocchino plugs. Hopefully due to arrive with me later next week.

AB1E34BD-B9B3-456F-B94C-2ECC0F3ED7EF.jpeg

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Game on!

Reactions: Sablon Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Lord only knows how Mark explains THAT lot at customs Lol.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing