Shunyata Delta NR power cord impressions

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
I have had a Shunyata Delta NR power cord for about 10 days now. It replaced a Venom digital on my Rega DAC R. Simply put, wow!

Now the Venom digital was very good. I started with the stock cord, then a Venom 3, followed by the Venom Digital. Each time there were noticeable improvements in sound. But, I wasn't expecting such a big improvement going from the Venom digital to the Delta NR. The noise floor has dropped by a good margin. The sound is less close to the speakers, and projected more into the room, more holographic. Voices are more nuanced, and instruments like strings, sound like they have a layer of fat or grunge removed. Everything just sounds more like music.

The build quality of the cable is outstanding, and it looks really good. It looks better than the Zitron Cobra I had, and the Alpha HC I own. I get the feeling the Delta NR would be the reference cable for many other companies...
It is also really flexible for a cable of its size and with VTX conductors. I am very happy with this cable!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Totally agree. Buy my Denali 6000T and an Alpha NR that I placed on my Melco NHZ60-2. Last week I received a second Alpha NR that I placed on my Lumin A1. Well having all my digital with Alpha NR has been so satisfying, I've had no choice but to order an Alpha NR for my Preamp and a Sigma NR for the Denali. Oh my God, this is ruinous .......

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
My question is how close is the Delta to the Alpha NR? I would like to replace my Wireworld Silver Electra(they have upgrade plugs). I need seven 2M cords and don't want to spend 3K per cord.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have not heard the Delta, but keep in mind that something is missing, regarding Alpha, it has no CCI module

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
I have not heard the Delta, but keep in mind that something is missing, regarding Alpha, it has no CCI module

The Delta NR does have a CCI filter. NR means noise reduction. All NR cables have CCI filters. It is the EF versions that do not.

What the Alpha has the Delta doesn't, is the Zitron technology. The Alpha is also bigger at 8 AWG, versus 10 for the Delta.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Indeed, you are right, the Delta also has CCI, (my mistake)
Regards

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
I see Shunyata has released the Venom Noise Reduction to join the Delta, Alpha and Sigma NRs.
The Venom NR comes in V12 and V10 models.
Has anyone had any experience with the new Venom NR Power cords versus the Delta NRs?

maxima95

May 13, 2015
I have tried the V10. Surprisingly good.

Was also interested in how Delta NR compared.

ErikM

Sep 24, 2014
Jersey
I had a Delta EF on my integrated amp and it sounded great. I thought I'd try an Alpha EF... Alpha EF is much better. Sounds more organic more real. There's a natural softness to the sound, darker more ethereal.. bigger floatier sound stage.. but thing like bells and cymbals retain all the speed and dynamics. Best I can describe is turning down the fake over driven sharpness on a good TV so edges still have precise detail but that fake hard edge is minimized, making things seem more real and less TV-ish. Bass is bit a faster, maybe goes deeper; the Delta EF is very good in the bass..and is just an excellent all round cable.

I think Delta is a super value... Alpha is Better.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
The Delta NR does have a CCI filter. NR means noise reduction. All NR cables have CCI filters. It is the EF versions that do not.

What the Alpha has the Delta doesn't, is the Zitron technology. The Alpha is also bigger at 8 AWG, versus 10 for the Delta.

By itself, the Delta NR may not meet the same NR level as the Alpha NR, which has the CCI filter the Delta does not. But, if you've got the Delta NR plugged into a Triton V3, the difference in the two PCs is negligible in noise reduction I'm guessing. So unless you need the heavier AWG, the Delta NR is a great choice for less $$. The triton V3 is a real game changer when working with the NR cords.

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
By itself, the Delta NR may not meet the same NR level as the Alpha NR, which has the CCI filter the Delta does not. But, if you've got the Delta NR plugged into a Triton V3, the difference in the two PCs is negligible in noise reduction I'm guessing. So unless you need the heavier AWG, the Delta NR is a great choice for less $$. The triton V3 is a real game changer when working with the NR cords.

Why do you keep repeating this? the delta NR DOES have the CCI filter.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
You are correct, I meant to say that the Delta NR does not have the ZITRON distortion reduction technology that is evident on the Alpha AR.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing