Soon to come, hORNS Universum mk4!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It's also good to know that apart from acoustic music, you find them better in electronic and metal than your previous Magicos

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
So for now, no combination were good and stable enough to "beat" my own setup but more to come. I spoke to the person who build my setup and asked him if he got any other already build amps I can audition, and he say yes, so I will get in the near future some of his work to try and listen if the magic is there in single ended… with my new horns.

That sounds promising :cool:
Something SET from the same wizard who made your obviously excellent current amps :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hey Christoph,

I think I have around 150 H of listening and around 300 total of working time (playing through them almost constantly) after around 100 point, I started to twist some knobs and get familiar with his ability to change the gain on the highs and mids.

I think I achieved some balance according to my listening position. Now they playing very clear, smooth and palpable, very vivid with a delicate character. The dynamics are great and the bass is low and with a wrap like feeling,. This is not a a sub punchy hit you in the gut kind of bass, but a relatively natural low body musical low frequency. ( as ked mentioned a few times before, great for classical music, jazz and acoustical music. not electronic or metal oriented, although I tried to listen to those kind of music materials and its sound very good in my book, and relatively better from what I had before.

What I were most surprised about is how much it play seamless, the whole unit play as one big driver and not 3. This is the only Horn I listen to and know that can disappear in a room.

The effortless is just amazing. I love it have no boundaries or end point. it can goes on and on with a very dynamics parts and keep playing his own way. Everything is so clear and detailed without put itself up front.

I was trying to looks for cons v.s my previous "regular" speakers and I could not.

I'm really glad you like the Unis as much as you obviously do :cool:

The bolded part will probably "surprise" Ked and me ;):p

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The MoonRiver Audio Reference 404 Integrated amp is amazing match with this Brand of Horn speakers ! :):eek:
It might be the perfect match for the Horns Universum MK4's too !

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I thought Ivory Horns were banned by international treaty!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing