Stunning sounding high res files

Trio mediaeval, Aquilonis, ECM 24/96. Three beautiful voices recorded beautifully. I own all cd's of this trio because they sing so heavenly. For those who are interested in folk songs I refer to their cd Folk songs from 2003 with ballads, hymns and lullabies from Norway. The ECM recording is very good indeed. Aquilonis is, as far as I know, the first high res file of the Trio Mediaeval and I love it.

Last edited:
Fernando Sor, guitar sonatas, Ricardo Gallen, Eudora. I have listened to the 24/88.2 file and this file sounds already stunning. However, this is an original dsd 256 recording so I suppose it will sound even better in dsd 256. If that would indeed be the case, than this recording is absolutely sensational. Eudora is as far as I know a new recording company. The recording can be downloaded from nativedsd.com

Trio mediaeval, Aquilonis, ECM 24/96. Three beautiful voices recorded beautifully. I own all cd's of this trio because they sing so heavenly. For those who are interested in folk songs I refer to their cd Folk songs from 2003 with ballads, hymns and lullabies from Norway. The WCM recording is very good indeed. Aquilonis is, as far as I know, the first high res file of the Trio Mediaeval and I love it.

Do you have a link by any chance? Would love to know where to find and audition clips of this, thanks.

Fernando Sor, guitar sonatas, Ricardo Gallen, Eudora. I have listened to the 24/88.2 file and this file sounds already stunning. However, this is an original dsd 256 recording so I suppose it will sound even better in dsd 256. If that would indeed be the case, than this recording is absolutely sensational. Eudora is as far as I know a new recording company. The recording can be downloaded from nativedsd.com

The Sor disc is wonderful. Available on SACD at Amazon. Eudora is supposedly releasing very few titles each year. Here's the newest one:

http://eudorarecords.com/recordings/mozart-chopin-dialogue/

Will probably get this one early next year.

Lee

Hello, I bought and downloaded the Trio mediaeval recording from hdtracks.com

Btw, if you google at trio mediaeval you will find some nice clips of their wonderful singing

Stravinsky, concerto for piano and wind instruments, capriccio, movements, petrouchka, Jean-Efflam Bavouzet piano, Sao Paulo Symphony Orchestra, Yan Pascal Tortelier, Chandos 24/96. This generously filled album (nearly 80 minutes of music) was recorded by the gifted engineer Ulrich Schneider. This engineer gave us some very good recordings of the same forces in the past, such as the Chandos recording of music by Schmitt (CHSA 5090, also available in a 24/96 download from the classical shop)). This is also a superb recording. Listen for example to movements: very transparent en clean with a beautiful tonality. Really awesome!

Bach cantates, recreation of the soul, Magdalena consort, Channel Classics, 24/192. One almost takes it for granted that Jared pulls it of every time again: a beautifully recorded album. But this would not be fair of course. However, this music of Bach is gorgeously (and intimately) recorded. What a treat: a perfect combination of (i) stunning music (ii) played beautifully (iii) that was stunningly recorded.

To stay in the same mood: Bach, Cantatas and orchestral suites no. 2, Florilegium, Johanette Zomer, Channel Classics, 24/192. The remarks I made one post earlier apply here as well. In one word: outstanding!

I have downloaded Few of the Channel Classic recordings and they sound superb. I download them in DSD as that I how they are recorded and play them back at 24/176.4. Jared does a great job recording his titles.

Indeed Jared is doing a great job. That is why I have bought a great number of titles from him in dsd as well as in 24/192. Hopefully he will keep doing it for many years to come.

Bach cantates, recreation of the soul, Magdalena consort, Channel Classics, 24/192. One almost takes it for granted that Jared pulls it of every time again: a beautifully recorded album. But this would not be fair of course. However, this music of Bach is gorgeously (and intimately) recorded. What a treat: a perfect combination of (i) stunning music (ii) played beautifully (iii) that was stunningly recorded.

35214_1.jpg
Recreation for the Soul

Stravinsky, concerto for piano and wind instruments, capriccio, movements, petrouchka, Jean-Efflam Bavouzet piano, Sao Paulo Symphony Orchestra, Yan Pascal Tortelier, Chandos 24/96. This generously filled album (nearly 80 minutes of music) was recorded by the gifted engineer Ulrich Schneider. This engineer gave us some very good recordings of the same forces in the past, such as the Chandos recording of music by Schmitt (CHSA 5090, also available in a 24/96 download from the classical shop)). This is also a superb recording. Listen for example to movements: very transparent en clean with a beautiful tonality. Really awesome!

CHSA 5147.jpg
Concerto for Piano and Wind Instruments

I suppose the message is that I should post with links, Madfloyd?

Just a suggestion. Don't let it stop you from posting if you don't care to do that. I'm just trying to be helpful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing