Super3 - a supercapacitor LPS, by Farad Power Supplies

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
OK I understand. It would be nice if we had a rating of Farad level cables. In addition, I would like to say a few words about S. R. orange fuse. Does it really help, or does it push the boundaries of Placebo?

I want to get the upgrades, but I do not want to give money for no reason. I think you do not want this ..

The Farad Level 2 copper cable is a very nice step up from the cable they provide with the Super 3. The music bloomed with more body, naturalness and color. The soundstage also expanded and became more holographic.

The Audio Sensibility Signature Silver DC cable is a big step up from the Level 2 copper. It takes awhile to burn in and may initially make you regret it, but once it settles in - wow. Just so much more comes through. I have threes Super3s but only have one of these AS cables, with the other two being Level 2 copper. The AS had a greater impact with my TT2 than with my M-Scaler, so I decided to just sit tight for the time being with the Level 2.

I swapped in Orange fuses one at a time with a week and a half or so between for each of my Super3s. These really surprised me. I never heard a fuse improve timbre before but these did and also brought forth a more organic sound. In fact I’d say that if you like what you hear from the Super3, the Orange fuse just allows more of it to come forth. Enough so where I thought it was worth the expense. I actually purchased one at a time and didn’t buy the next one until I was satisfied with what I heard.

The power cord feeding the Super3 matters too, unfortunately.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
..the two upgrades (level dc cable, and power fuse) will be done. a little later though, and after the power supply burns out. That way I will understand what they add to the sound.

Thanks...

Smart. Synergistic fuses usually come with a 30-day money back offer. I just scrolled up and saw you connected the Super3 to a TT2. Exactly what I did with the first Super3 that I purchase. i would say go with an Audio Sensibility Signature Silver or the Mundorf cables Abyss Man recommends.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
The Farad Level 2 copper cable is a very nice step up from the cable they provide with the Super 3. The music bloomed with more body, naturalness and color. The soundstage also expanded and became more holographic.

The Audio Sensibility Signature Silver DC cable is a big step up from the Level 2 copper. It takes awhile to burn in and may initially make you regret it, but once it settles in - wow. Just so much more comes through. I have threes Super3s but only have one of these AS cables, with the other two being Level 2 copper. The AS had a greater impact with my TT2 than with my M-Scaler, so I decided to just sit tight for the time being with the Level 2.

I swapped in Orange fuses one at a time with a week and a half or so between for each of my Super3s. These really surprised me. I never heard a fuse improve timbre before but these did and also brought forth a more organic sound. In fact I’d say that if you like what you hear from the Super3, the Orange fuse just allows more of it to come forth. Enough so where I thought it was worth the expense. I actually purchased one at a time and didn’t buy the next one until I was satisfied with what I heard.

The power cord feeding the Super3 matters too, unfortunately.
Hi Kennyb. Thank you for your answer, it helps me that you give me your experience!

Are you referring to the Silver cable shown in the Screenshot I attach?

If I understand correctly do you have TT2 and M Scaler? The M scaler will be my next purchase, since I first order the Streamer Auralic Aries G 2.1.
I believe that I bought it in December, so that I can finish with the digital audio system.

I look at the price of orange insurance, Mattjs told me that the cost is 129 € with VAT. Is there a seller who gives a better price? Do you know anything about this? Screenshot_20200718-220856_Chrome.jpg

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
... edge that will be connected to the power supply is different, it is a plug with 4 pins, which is screwed on. What is this in this company?

See the options I selected in the screenshot I shared.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
..Unfortunately ... what?

I was joking as I wish power cords didn’t matter with the Super3, but they do. I found that even modestly priced power cords deliver nice improvements. I first tried an older version of what is now the Nordost Blue Heaven. This brought a very nice improvement and is now the power cord in use on the Super3 powering my EtherRegen. For the Super3s powering the TT2 and HMS, I am using Shunyata Venom V12 NR, which provide a big bang for the buck.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
I was joking as I wish power cords didn’t matter with the Super3, but they do. I found that even modestly priced power cords deliver nice improvements. I first tried an older version of what is now the Nordost Blue Heaven. This brought a very nice improvement and is now the power cord in use on the Super3 powering my EtherRegen. For the Super3s powering the TT2 and HMS, I am using Shunyata Venom V12 NR, which provide a big bang for the buck.
... finally how much can a Farad super 3 cost? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
... finally how much can a Farad super 3 cost? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1595102743456.jpeg

But you will be amazed by how much better your TT2 will sound. It’s like upgrading to a much better DAC but without having to spend as much money to do so as the Super3 is a great value.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
View attachment 67408

But you will be amazed by how much better your TT2 will sound. It’s like upgrading to a much better DAC but without having to spend as much money to do so as the Super3 is a great value.
... I'm afraid it has no end !!

Kennyb I would like, if you have the time, to tell me a few words about EtherREGEN. Where, and how do you use it, does it make a difference, is it worth the money? I would be interested to hear your opinion.

My God, how long do I have to pay?

Thuan

Apr 20, 2020
May I ask, what's the amperage/voltage values on the Farad Super3's PSU?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I'm afraid Farad's data is a bit optimistic. I have tested trying to power a Uptone LPS 1.2 (you need a source that supplies 36 watts) with a 12 volt Farad Super3 and it just can't do it, although they say that at that voltage it supplies 3 Amps.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
... I'm afraid it has no end !!

Kennyb I would like, if you have the time, to tell me a few words about EtherREGEN. Where, and how do you use it, does it make a difference, is it worth the money? I would be interested to hear your opinion.

My God, how long do I have to pay?

Like you, I’m trying to get to a point where I’m “done”. And by done I mean that I have arrived at a point where I could easily live with what I have a decade or so from now when I retire. My amp , speakers, and speaker cables were the first to get to “done”. Surely I can do better, but I don’t hear these doing any harm and I‘be been delighted with what I’m hearing from them.

Getting the digital side to “done” has taken awhile but I think I’m finally almost there. An EtherRegen when played a key role in this as it helped to reduce harm that was being done to the music by my network. But to my surprise, the ER did much more than that by helping to allow me to hear deeper into recordings. Powering an ER with a Super3 was another surprise. This may have made as much of an improvement as the ER itself. I should also mention that a Sonore opticalModule feeding the ER a run of fiber also played a big part in making my network less harmful. I realize that many folks are going way beyond this by deploying multiple audiophile switches on after the other. Abyss Man does this, for example. I’m satisfied enough with my network now that I’m inclined to say that I’m “done” as far as the network goes.

Last edited:

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Like you, I’m trying to get to a point where I’m “done”. And by done I mean that I have arrived at a point where I could easily live with what I have a decade or so from now when I retire. My amp , speakers, and speaker cables were the first to get to “done”. Surely I can do better, but I don’t hear these doing any harm and I‘be been delighted with what I’m hearing from them.

Getting the digital side to “done” has taken awhile but I think I’m finally almost there. An EtherRegen when played a key role in this as it helped to reduce harm that was being done to the music by my network. But to my surprise, the ER did much more than that by helping to allow me to hear deeper into recordings. Powering an ER with a Super3 was another surprise. This may have made as much of an improvement as the ER itself. I should also mention that a Sonore opticalModule feeding the ER a run of fiber also played a big part in making my network less harmful. I realize that many folks are going way beyond this by deploying multiple audiophile switches on after the other. Abyss Man does this, for example. I’m satisfied enough with my network now that I’m inclined to say that I’m “done” as far as the network goes.
TBH Ken, I don’t think we can be “Done” on the digital front as the post gets shifted pretty quickly on that front. Looks like we just have to tell ourselves we are “Done” and just enjoy the music till upgraditis bites again. Staying away from forums help too I Guess. LOL.
But as you have mentioned, the Farad is a brilliant piece of kit. I’m so glad I took the plunge after u gave me the confidence to make that jump. Thank you.

Reactions: BigAlMc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing