Super3 - a supercapacitor LPS, by Farad Power Supplies

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
I’m sorry, but my Farads are not with the Rhodium plated IEC plugs, no help there, sorry. As for the PC I’m using, they are Tellurium Silver. I have no experience with other cords TBH. I’m a Tellurium fan boy I’m afraid.

Do get the Orange fuse though, but be patient with it as it takes time to break in. Hope I was of help. Cheers.
Thank you very much for your answers. Of course you helped me a lot !!

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
One more thing, I forgot, get some Mundorf Silver/Gold hook up wires as DC cable. Use 15awg or 2 runs of 18awg. I tried the 18awg and it was already better than my present 18awg Neotech Silver solid core. I decided to try 2 runs of 18awg which equates to 15awg of the Mundorf and it sounds better but in all honesty I cannot be sure cause it's still early days. It takes quite a while to break in. The soundstage is wider though at this present moment.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
One more thing, I forgot, get some Mundorf Silver/Gold hook up wires as DC cable. Use 15awg or 2 runs of 18awg. I tried the 18awg and it was already better than my present 18awg Neotech Silver solid core. I decided to try 2 runs of 18awg which equates to 15awg of the Mundorf and it sounds better but in all honesty I cannot be sure cause it's still early days. It takes quite a while to break in. The soundstage is wider though at this present moment.
....Abyss, I recently talked to the merchant who imports them to Greece. He told me that it would be better to order the basic version without the extra security, he recommended me if I need it, I can change it later, it's easy. What I will buy, in addition to the power supply, is a better power cord than the farad super 3 in Dac Chord. The power cord will bother me a little later.

I'm glad you share your experience with me, I will need it in the future. I only hope that as a power supply as a whole it will make a difference, in relation to the import of Chord. I hope Abyss doesn't "throw" my money! Hope..

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
....Abyss, I recently talked to the merchant who imports them to Greece. He told me that it would be better to order the basic version without the extra security, he recommended me if I need it, I can change it later, it's easy. What I will buy, in addition to the power supply, is a better power cord than the farad super 3 in Dac Chord. The power cord will bother me a little later.

I'm glad you share your experience with me, I will need it in the future. I only hope that as a power supply as a whole it will make a difference, in relation to the import of Chord. I hope Abyss doesn't "throw" my money! Hope..
Power cords are very important and do make a difference. If u can audition them even better.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
I don’t quite get what u are trying to say in the first paragraph. I’m so sorry, I do understand that it’s sometimes difficult to put into words. A bit more specific info would be nice.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
I don’t quite get what u are trying to say in the first paragraph. I’m so sorry, I do understand that it’s sometimes difficult to put into words. A bit more specific info would be nice.
..forgiveness that my English is not very good. I want to say that I ordered the basic version and later I will buy a 220 - 240 v power cord, and a dac power cord. I hope I'm clear now. Which cable do you think will make the difference, 220 - 240 v AC, or the power cable dac (dc)?

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
..forgiveness that my English is not very good. I want to say that I ordered the basic version and later I will buy a 220 - 240 v power cord, and a dac power cord. I hope I'm clear now. Which cable do you think will make the difference, 220 - 240 v AC, or the power cable dac (dc)?
Hi,
From experience and I'm sure most will agree, every cable brings its own bump in SQ or otherwise depending on the quality, material used etc. I'm afraid there is no one cable solution, that's the beauty, or ugliness (Depending from which angle you look at it from)of this hobby. You have to hear them, let your ears be the decision maker. What might be nice sounding to some might not be to your liking, having said that, the seniors here are very helpful and have immense knowledge and willing to share it. Ask them via PM but search thru this forum before you do that. There is a ton of info floating here. Most of the questions have already been answered.

Reactions: Varadero xl 1000 v

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Just got the last 2 farads, in total 4 of them now. It’s the full Monty now, and a OMG moment. Love it. Get the Orange fuse if u are getting one. Just out of the box it’s brilliant. I am glued to my couch and Abyss.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
Good morning.

Yesterday I received the Farad super 3, but I did not manage to install it due to many family obligations. Maybe I do today. I would like to ask, the package did not include a simple black power cord. It only had the D.C. cable.

20200715_101237.jpg Does this happen to you? It's something I did not like ..

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
No they don’t include one. Better to provide your own.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
As Ken said, they do not supply one. Anyways since when have we audiophiles used supplied power cords? Get a decent cable if you really want it to shine.

Reactions: Varadero xl 1000 v

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
Ok. I understand. I have an audiophiles cable, I will connect this. But I wanted to know if this was accidental, or if it was the manufacturer's policy. It could - for formal reasons - provide one.

Ok Guys, thank you!

Reactions: Abyss Man

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
And there it is folks, the full monty, 2 are with the orange fuse and 2 are with SR 20 fuse. Will need to get 2 orange fuses to replace the SR20.

Attachments

• Farad .JPG
    Farad .JPG
    758.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Farad 1.JPG
    Farad 1.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 93

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
Hi Guys.

I have 2 days in possession of the Farad Super 3 Power Suply in the Sandard version. I chose this to understand its performance, and then proceed to the upgrades (dc cable, orange fuse). Please be informed that I connected it to the Dac Chord Hugo tt2. What I realized is that it gives me more "body" in the sound, better bass, better placement of the instruments, and I hear more details in the recording.
And all this without tiring me at all. Also something very important: the differences that result from a 24/192 recording in relation to the same, but in 16 / 44.1 are much more obvious. This was not the case with the Chord input switch.

But I will wait for the burn in to reach about 200 hours as requested by the manufacturer. Then maybe I can say more. After that, I will buy a better dc cable (in your opinion which one?), But also the power fuse orange..

Reactions: Thuan and Abyss Man

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Personally am using Mundorf Silver/Gold DC cables. Neotech Solid core Silver is also very good and a cheaper option. Farad have their own DC cable which I have not heard before, hopefully who has tried them can chime in.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
Personally am using Mundorf Silver/Gold DC cables. Neotech Solid core Silver is also very good and a cheaper option. Farad have their own DC cable which I have not heard before, hopefully who has tried them can chime in.
Abyss I would like if it is easy for you, a link to see it ..

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Go to parts connexion. U will see them under hook up wire. You have to DIY. Audio Sensibility sell the Neotech version I think. Check their web site for details please.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
OK I understand. It would be nice if we had a rating of Farad level cables. In addition, I would like to say a few words about S. R. orange fuse. Does it really help, or does it push the boundaries of Placebo?

I want to get the upgrades, but I do not want to give money for no reason. I think you do not want this ..

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
It’s your choice, we can only tell u what we feel is an upgrade but the final decision is yours. Everybody has their own unique listening character. Personally I have been fuse rolling since I started tube rolling and I feel the Orange fuse is a mighty fine upgrade. It takes a while to burn in though, u must be patient. Once it settles down though, u will handsomely rewarded.

Reactions: kennyb123

Varadero xl 1000 v

Nov 18, 2017
It’s your choice, we can only tell u what we feel is an upgrade but the final decision is yours. Everybody has their own unique listening character. Personally I have been fuse rolling since I started tube rolling and I feel the Orange fuse is a mighty fine upgrade. It takes a while to burn in though, u must be patient. Once it settles down though, u will handsomely rewarded.
..the two upgrades (level dc cable, and power fuse) will be done. a little later though, and after the power supply burns out. That way I will understand what they add to the sound.

Thanks...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing