• Total voters

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

I received this email this morning:

T.H.E Show WILL Go On!

T.H.E. Show announces dates for June 11-13, 2021 at the Hilton, Long Beach, CA

January 29, 2021, Los Angeles, CA - T.H.E. Show (The Home Entertainment Show) is delighted to announce its dates for 2021, currently slated to be June 11-13, 2021 at the Hilton, Long Beach, CA. With LA County currently being a hot spot for the pandemic, safety and health remain the paramount concern for T.H.E. Show, and as such, contingency plans are already in place. Of the current landscape, Director of Marketing for T.H.E. Show, Emiko E. Carlin says, “Our number one concern is safety and the good health of our community. 2020 was a rough year for everyone but the one thing that remained clear was that music was THE go-to outlet for folks as they stayed home to stay safe. We know from speaking to our colleagues in the industry that HiFi sales are up, vinyl and music sales are up and there is a strong desire to continue connecting with everyone in the community. Therefore, after great consideration, we’ve decided to announce our dates with fingers cross - and with a very clear contingency plan in place already.” Carlin goes on to say that, “additionally, we have a number of exclusive experience initiatives in place that we are currently working on with our dealer/distributor/exhibitor networks and we are looking forward to unveiling that shortly.”

President of T.H.E. Show, Maurice R.H. Jung went on to say, “It can easily be said that this has been the most trying times for anyone in this industry whether it be directly or indirectly. The tragic 9/11 attacks and the economic meltdown in 2008 -2010 tested everyone's resilience like never before. This, however, has been a totally different animal but we will survive this and all move forward together like we always do. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures and we have contingency plans in place for T.H.E SHOW 2021, some of which include online initiatives through social media (in very new ways) for our community at large. We have always strived to be innovative as well as ahead of the curve and we have every intention of rolling these ideas out in the near future. The one hint I can give you is that listening to the variety of systems in person in these particular settings will be like nothing you’ve ever experienced before… Our team is ready and looking forward to connecting with you all again this year in a multitude of new and exciting ways."

While the current climate is one of shared uncertainty, not only by the industry but by the whole world, one thing is for certain: music is here to stay and T.H.E. Show WILL go on.

Sincerely,

T.H.E. Show Team

Reactions: Folsom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Assuming that T.H.E. Show 2021 in Long Beach, California, is a go, will you be attending?

By then everyone over fifty -- if not everyone of every age -- will be vaccinated against the virus.

I will 100% for sure be attending. What about you?

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I would love to go. My son lives in the LA area and we haven’t seen him since he moved in late 2019. We will be fully vaccinated by mid April. Still too soon for me to get on a plane. Have to see what cases are like by then. I have a tour of the Schiit facilities waiting for me when we do go out though, whenever that is.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
My no vote wasn't because I won't go it's because I can't. Not a good time to leave work for me. My one public show this year will hopefully be Munich whenever it happens.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
I will likely go but there has to be more than just this announcement. Where is the website with a list of exhibitors? It is only three months out.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I received yesterday an email with this information:

UPDATE: T.H.E. Show is ON!

We are delighted to be able to provide the following updates for you all regarding T.H.E. Show 2021.

It IS taking place June 11 - 13, 2021 at the Hilton Long Beach, in Long Beach, CA and we are excited that at least two companies are making their audio show world premieres with us - and another few are making their T.H.E. Show debuts this coming June!

Early bird ticket pricing is still available for attendees, so please get your tickets now at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-show-2021-tickets-150325163611

Special hotel room pricing is available as well for those who wish to stay over on-site! Those rooms can be secured here: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/rese...TONLINK,en,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT

Health and Safety

We are proud to be working with the Hilton, Long Beach to follow all health and safety guidelines and suggestions as set forth by the local, county, state, and federal governmental and appropriate agencies to make T.H.E. Show 2021
safe for everyone.

As such, we are committed to the following at T.H.E. Show 2021:

Daily temperature checks will be happening

Masks must be worn on site.

Extra masks will be available if your mask breaks or you lose it, etc.

There will be social distancing in effect.

Gloves will be available for those who wish to request them.

Hand sanitizer stations will be readily accessible and there will be hand sanitizer pumps in the elevators.

We are asking that if you have been fully vaccinated, that you please bring your vaccination card.

**While this is not a requirement, we believe it will be helpful. Your entry to T.H.E. Show will not be denied if you don’t have one.

The Stats on California

We are pleased to share with you some statistics about California and its positivity rate to date.

* California has the lowest positivity rate (1.2%) since the pandemic started as of April 27, 2021. Source: covid.19.ca.gov

*28,682,914 vaccines have been administered in California to date. Source: covid.19.ca.gov

* California has started allowing indoor concerts, theater performances and other private gatherings as of April 15, 2021.
“The California Department of Public Health announced the changes on Friday as the rate of people testing positive for COVID-19 nears a record low.”
Source: https://abc7.com/10475364
**This is with capacity limits

* The CDC, and the President announced today, April 27, 2021 that fully vaccinated individuals may elect to no longer wear masks outside if not in large groups of people
Source: cdc.gov
** T.H.E. Show will still adhere to the mask mandate until we receive information from the appropriate agencies local to the venue that this may change.

We understand this year’s show may be a bit different. Not withstanding, we are committed to putting on a fun and safe show for you all and are excited that so many of you, attendees, exhibitors, and press alike, have already booked your rooms and purchased your tickets to participate! We are grateful for your continued support, and we in turn, are grateful you have put your trust in us to continue supporting the audio industry and community.

We look forward to seeing you all at T.H.E. Show 2021, June 11 - 13, at the Hilton, Long Beach, CA!

Sincerely,

T.H.E. Show Team

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
I’ll be there!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Still no info on the website.

No exhibitors or brands listed for Axpona either, which is only 6 months away. It's like manufacturers and exhibitors are looking at each other saying: "Well, are you going?" Lotta money to commit.

From my experience large shows - or what used to be large shows - like CES - have always been disease distribution centers (like kindergartens) long before the current pandemic. Little new on that front.

But, imo, the important thing is that, at this point, these shows are happening or intend to happen. It's good for audio to get beyond virtual plexiglass.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Munchen was supposed to be in september this year, but it is postponed to next year .
I m planning to go , see if i can pick up some " good " sounding cables :)

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Not going either. Sorry, but I am staying off planes. I can drive to Axpona and CAF so will consider them, especially CAF.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Not going either. Sorry, but I am staying off planes. I can drive to Axpona and CAF so will consider them, especially CAF.
I fly often for work , i spend the last 2 weeks in hungary , they require 2 covid tests to get into the country , before the return flight lufthansa wanted a covidtest even for transitors and coming back to belgium 1 test on arrival and after 7 days another test .
:oops: :)

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Why?

I am going.
1. I am 2000 miles away.
2. I will probably wind up on TV, in Jail or possibly both.
3. I want to go to Axpona or RMAS, never been to either.
4. In relation to line 2, I will hang tight with large public gatherings until I can roam this country freely. I am ready but apparently others are not.
5. Lots of Bourbon distilleries closer to home that need some visitation.

Last edited:

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Judging by the response no hope for a WBF hospitality suite!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
It is definitely a difficult situation for everybody. Covid is still there and I does not seem it would take a few days off for T.H.E. Show. The reason why most of the shows across the world are cancelling, postponing or waiting is tremendous costs. The organisers need to rent the place, prepare the logistics, often pre-book hotels, etc. They are waiting for the manufacturers to register. Otherwise, a trade show would not be able to attract any people. The manufacturers are waiting out the storm, because there is little point in paying huge sums, if there is little guarantee customers are attending. Audiophile clients are waiting because they would want to attend only if the manufacturers are coming. This way, everyone is waiting for one another to make a decision first.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Exhibitors announced as of today:

1 CH Precision
2 Stenheim -
premiere of something incredibly special
(that’s all we are allowed to say for now)

3 Vitus Audio
4 Mofi
5 AGD Productions
6 Thrax Audio
7 Audiovector Loudspeakers
8 ATC Loudspeakers
9 Lone Mountain Audio
10 MC AudioTech -
T.H.E. Show premiere and possible new product premiere

11 Audience AV
12 Audio Limits
13 High Fidelity Cables
14 Margules Audio
15 Sunny Components -
premiere of something incredibly special

16 Wayne Carter Audio Design -
premiere of bespoke audio system

17 Pietra Audio
18 Benchmark Audio Systems
19 Cake Audio
20 Alsyvox Audio Design
21 PBN Audio -
possible premiere of new product
22 PranaFidelity -
premiere of something very special

23 Heavenly Soundworks -
T.H.E. Show premiere and audio show debut!

24 Cable Support Plate -
T.H.E. Show premiere and audio show debut!

25 Elusive Disc
26 AIX Records
27 Dr. Mark Waldrep
28 Voss Audio
29 Awedyo Audio -
T.H.E. Show premiere!

30 MK Gold

Reactions: Folsom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, with Vitus driving Alsyvox!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing