Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Tried that too-- same window every time. No "save to library"
I just tried it and all I get is save to favorites. Too early in the morning, but with Tidal or Qobuz albums that is all I ever do is save to favorites. You don't save Tida/Qobuz to your "library" do you? I don't even see a "library". I see "My music" and then if you click on albums it has all of your saved favorites and downloaded albums.

I'm probably missing the point, but all I see is "save to favorites" and I think that is all that you are going to see????

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I just tried it and all I get is save to favorites. Too early in the morning, but with Tidal or Qobuz albums that is all I ever do is save to favorites. You don't save Tida/Qobuz to your "library" do you? I don't even see a "library". I see "My music" and then if you click on albums it has all of your saved favorites and downloaded albums.

I'm probably missing the point, but all I see is "save to favorites" and I think that is all that you are going to see????

That is correct. Tidal and Qobuz favourites are stored in your Tidal / Qobuz accounts, not in the library. If you enable "online music library integration" your favourites will show in your library, but they are not stored there.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Incidentally whilst we are on the subject of Tidal / Qobuz etc, if i remember correctly, when i was in Tidal and i saved something to My Collection, Roon would not automatically put this into my Roon list unless I entered Tidal through Roon. The other day it appeared automatically in my Roon even though i went through the Tidal App only. Is this a new feature?

Does changing your view to "sort by date added" help?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Does changing your view to "sort by date added" help?
No. Basically if I was out of the house and found some good music I had to save it twice. Once into Tidal on my phone and then again into Tidal via Roon at home. Now it just appears in Roon without the 2nd step. I normally use the Date added option anyway.

Last edited:

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
No. Basically if I was out of the house and found some good music I had to save it twice. Once into Tidal and then again into Tidal via Roon at home. Now it just appears. I normally use the Date added option anyway.
Is this the first portable extreme? How do you carry it when you're "out of the house?"

• Haha
Reactions: howiebrou

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Maybe I'm the only one having a problem with this?

I'm simply looking for a simple and direct path to save a streamed album on TAS where it will populate in My Music under "Album Artists" and "Albums". That's all I need!

I've tried save to Favorites, but it only gives an option to save the track, not the album. I want to save albums.
Favorites does not populated Album Artist or Albums in My Music.

Thanks

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

I'm simply looking for a simple and direct path to save a streamed album on TAS where it will populate in My Music under "Album Artists" and "Albums". That's all I need!

I've tried save to Favorites, but it only gives an option to save the track, not the album. I want to save albums.

Thanks
The only way I know to do that, and I do it frequently, is to make the album a favorite in Qobuz or Tidal and then use the TAS rescan.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Thanks
Wil,

Select the album. Then on the screen that you got to by clicking "show track information", where you see "save to favorites" and you only able to select a track, go down to either Qobuz or Tidal on the bottom of the same dropdown and hit either one. There you will be able to save the whole album.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
To clarify this - I have NEVER heard any perceptible difference with the ethernet module powered on or off comparing similar tracks. It was more of a theoretical point than anything else. In fact, I am not even sure if the wifi is active with the custom OS that comes with the module - it may well have been deactivated.
Needless to say, I adore my Pacific's musicality and sound. I've never had any desire to have the Ethernet module removed because of this. I simply brought it up as a response to dminches' point earlier. Now swapping to JLsounds from my current Amanero, that's a whole different story. Let's move on!

Hello all.

I just wanted to chime in and add to this the fact that although technically capable of wifi, in our custom OS all non-essentials (wifi, bluetooth, graphics, etc.) are disabled.

Best,

Fred A.

Reactions: seatrope and ctydwn

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
At the bottom of the "server settings" page
Wil,

Select the album. Then on the screen that you got to by clicking "show track information", where you see "save to favorites" and you only able to select a track, go down to either Qobuz or Tidal on the bottom of the same dropdown and hit either one. There you will be able to save the whole album.
Wil, if you can't get it, feel free to give me a call and I can quickly walk you through it. 212-229-1842.

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
Emile installed the driver for my dCS Vivaldi One this morning. As my wife was sleeping in I let my system warm up on very low volume for a good while. Finally(!), after she got up I got a chance to hear what said driver hath wrought. Here are a few, make that, several words that came to mind as I was listening; lively, real, soulful, clarity, definition, ease, velvety, dimension, layers, accurate, attack, space, touch, delicate, powerful, detail, expressive, subtle, ambient, focus, emotional, engaging, and oh yeah, WOW! In my system the difference between TAS and TAS with driver is quite dramatic. I have tasks I need to attend to today and all I want to do is sit and listen. Big THANKS to Emile and Team Taiko for all the gifts you bring!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
:) And I agree with you, the Lampi's are some of the best sounding dac's out there:) Lukasz DEFINITELY knows what he's doing.

And sorry for over emphasizing this noise conversation, but seeing what TAS and the T usb driver did to my systems when I thought they sounded amazing with Roon, has me realizing how much noise can be taken away from a system even when you think it's all gone.:) I think Emile/team are actually just at the start of where they are going. So glad to be "on the train".
WRT ethernet as part of a DAC and keeping things simple, one would think that USB should not be employed to deliver output to a DAC and DACs shouldn't have a USB port since there is additional overhead / complexity versus I2S. For example when comparing USB to I2S via my LinQ to my Formula DAC I2S is clearly better.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Wil,

Thanks Bob! That works! It's about a 10 click process. I find it takes awhile for the album and artist to populate in the Artist and Album lists, but all good now. I'm guessing in the future there will be a more direct pathway.

Last edited:

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
To clarify this - I have NEVER heard any perceptible difference with the ethernet module powered on or off comparing similar tracks. It was more of a theoretical point than anything else. In fact, I am not even sure if the wifi is active with the custom OS that comes with the module - it may well have been deactivated.
Needless to say, I adore my Pacific's musicality and sound. I've never had any desire to have the Ethernet module removed because of this. I simply brought it up as a response to dminches' point earlier. Now swapping to JLsounds from my current Amanero, that's a whole different story. Let's move on!
How is the switch from Amanero to JL Sounds?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How is the switch from Amanero to JL Sounds?
The key to using a Pacific with TAS and to derive full benefits of the TAS driver as well as use all TAS buffers you have to get rid of the Amanero board and go to JL sounds board. Once done there is just no turning back. Everything has already been discussed. Initially I was using the Amanero board which came with the Pacific. When Emile installed TAS it sounded immediately better than Roon. However once I switched to the JL Sounds USB board and I was able to use the TAS driver , simply put, I have never heard digital sound or streaming as good as this in my system.
AFAIK all Lampi now come with the JL Sounds board.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
The key to using a Pacific with TAS and to derive full benefits of the TAS driver as well as use all TAS buffers you have to get rid of the Amanero board and go to JL sounds board. Once done there is just no turning back. Everything has already been discussed. Initially I was using the Amanero board which came with the Pacific. When Emile installed TAS it sounded immediately better than Roon. However once I switched to the JL Sounds USB board and I was able to use the TAS driver , simply put, I have never heard digital sound or streaming as good as this in my system.
AFAIK all Lampi now come with the JL Sounds board.
Thanks. I'm not an Extreme owner so only occasionally dip into this thread and therefore missed the JL discussions earlier. It's my understanding too re: new DACs having the JL Sounds board installed - I'm just pondering the upgrade for my GG2.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob! That works! It's about a 10 click process. I find it takes awhile for the album and artist to populate the in Artist and Album lists, but all good now. I'm guessing in the future there will be a more direct pathway.
GREAT!!! I'm sure in the future it will be a lot easier. I agree, one-click would be ideal. Although now you will get to dream about ok, go to this menu, then to this drop down, then double click, and on and on:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing