Tchernov Cables

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I went ahead and purchased the Ultimate Slim ICs. To my ears that they take all of the musical enjoyment that the Reference 2 brings and draws you even further into the music. I moved the Ref 2 into my 2nd system.

I am going to try the Ref 2 digital AES/EBU cable and see how its stacks up to the Mojo Audio digital AES/EBU that I presently have. The AES/EBU connection on my Simaudio 260D transport provides better SQ than the SPDIF RCA connection (I confirmed this with Simaudio) hence my trying the Tchernov Ref 2 cable instead of the Ultimate digital cable as it is SPDIF RCA.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Received the Tchernov Ref 2 AES/EBU Digital cable a few days ago so it needs further break-in, but my initial impression is that it is brings out somewhat more detail, tone and timber; and has good balance. I placed it in my 2nd system as I moved my DAC and transport into it after my recent purchase of the Neodio Origine S2 CD player which now resides in my main system.

The Tchernov cables have made a positive SQ impact in both of my systems.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing