TechDas Air Force One

That is quite a strange placement don't you think ? I prefer my turntable outside of the sound field.

There sure is a lot of equipment crammed in there don't you think Christian? Don't you wonder what all that equipment in front of the speakers does to the sound too? :) They also don't have pets -- or certainly don't let them into the listening room! ;)

There sure is a lot of equipment crammed in there don't you think Christian? Don't you wonder what all that equipment in front of the speakers does to the sound too? :) They also don't have pets -- or certainly don't let them into the listening room! ;)

I can see a cat liking the looks of the AF1 on the floor....

I can see a cat liking the looks of the AF1 on the floor....

Can u spell T-O-Y? ;) Now that laser on the Vertere would make an even better toy! :)

Actually, equipment laid out all over the floor like that is pretty common in the Far East. Audiophiles sitting on the floor to listen is also common - plays havoc on the high frequencies when the tweeter is that far off axis, but many Asians think that "the tweeter has bad temper" anyway.

I'm making a Japanese version of the G2jr that has the line-source start 6-inches closer to the floor.

Pics of the AF1 seem to be mushrooming everywhere and here I am with mine in their crates for almost two weeks now. I can't wait to get home!

I'm not surprised - considering how back-logged TechDAS is with their orders of the AF1. It's a seriously good turntable!!

Actually, equipment laid out all over the floor like that is pretty common in the Far East. Audiophiles sitting on the floor to listen is also common - plays havoc on the high frequencies when the tweeter is that far off axis, but many Asians think that "the tweeter has bad temper" anyway.

I'm making a Japanese version of the G2jr that has the line-source start 6-inches closer to the floor.

That is very interesting. My girlfriend likes sitting on the floor. I can't. I must be in the optimal listening position at all time.

That is very interesting. My girlfriend likes sitting on the floor. I can't. I must be in the optimal listening position at all time.

You're so tall, you'd probably be at the right position for a lot of speakers sitting on the floor :)

By the way, I'm Home!!!!!!!!!!

AF1_zpsc8f1e2b5.jpg

Thanks Christian! You should post a pic standing beside your X-2s. I wonder how many people might think they are Maxx 3s. :D

Probably a long weekend. The component shelf is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. It's in customs now. :)

Combination of air (vertical) and fluid (horizontal). :)

I imagine so Christian.

Now that's a beautiful thing--enjoy Jack with a bottle of Cristal-for that's what your going to fell like every time you play a record..BTW- the Graham Elite arm is in production as of yesterday----on my AF the one-I'm using the dynavector-t on my prototype Graham Elite arm--O-yea don't forget the chocolate covered strawberries too.

Bobby, b

I was told my Elite would get here sometime May Capt. Bob. You's a lucky dawg! I'll be using my t when the arm comes. In the meantime I'll be transferring my B-44 II from the TW to the AF1 with an Atlas. :)

The second AF1 will be arriving in May. Thailand 4 - Philippines 2. LOL.

I gotta say that pics don't do this table justice. The finishing is SUPERB.

The second AF1 will be arriving in May. Thailand 4 - Philippines 2. LOL. ---United States-3--this is your captain on the A.F.the one speaking--I know of someone else with the AF-1 getting the Elite with the Atlas --It should be a fun enjoyable correspondence.. LOL back at you Jack..

The second AF1 will be arriving in May. Thailand 4 - Philippines 2. LOL. ---United States-3--this is your captain on the A.F.the one speaking--I know of someone else with the AF-1 getting the Elite with the Atlas --It should be a fun enjoyable correspondence.. LOL back at you Jack..

Don't forget the one or more in England. That's quite an impressive new product launch, especially for one that is so expensive. Congratulations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu