TechDas Air Force One

MEP has it right on the mark. There were a lot of discussions and such going on up to and past CES time. It's unfortunate that the pricing possiblities were tossed out there, but it was an attempt to find SOME kind of starting point (and one I would have adhered to, in the event of a sale at that moment) until the dust settled on final costs. Thanks, too, to Myles Astor for putting some calming waters on these discussions. I'm far better off designing than debating.....!

Good wishes to all - Bob G.

Bob:

Good to see you here and hope you will continue to share your analog expertise with us!

Bob, I can't talk for other forum members, BUT I consider your response to Mr.Paskinn's post as not only VERY appropriate but also VERY professional. I have personally dealt with several well-known manufacturer's in our hobby that do not have the same concern or feelings for their customer. Your attitude is one that would give me a very good comfort level with dealing with you and your Company, and I will hope to do so in the future.

Thank you kindly for that observation, Dave - and again, in rereading Mr. Paskinn's note in the light of a new day, I really was off target. (As well as recent surgery for my wife, and one for me coming up, plus the usual daily grind, I was not in any clear-headed condition to quick-read any postings....) I would only add that I'd invite Mr. Paskinn to contact me (if he wishes) to discuss any lingering problem he may have with his Phantom tonearm.

Once again, Davey - thank you, and I look forward to assisting you in your own system one of these days.... - Bob

Thank you kindly for that observation, Dave - and again, in rereading Mr. Paskinn's note in the light of a new day, I really was off target. (As well as recent surgery for my wife, and one for me coming up, plus the usual daily grind, I was not in any clear-headed condition to quick-read any postings....) I would only add that I'd invite Mr. Paskinn to contact me (if he wishes) to discuss any lingering problem he may have with his Phantom tonearm.

Once again, Davey - thank you, and I look forward to assisting you in your own system one of these days.... - Bob

Don't worry, it's just a bunch of views on a forum.Hope all goes well for you, and thanks for your remarks.No harm done.

hey don't too serious it just a turntable . let's party and make some noise like me. my sl 1200MK.... i think i should fine new mat to make it more slip huhu:D

thanks you so much gary . i'm just a player but you are inventor !!! by the way just have fun
some update after reset all rack.

and now working on more than 10 old micro collection.

Attachments

• fr_2061_size880.jpg
    fr_2061_size880.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 820
  • fr_1697_size880.jpg
    fr_1697_size880.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,594
hey don't too serious it just a turntable . let's party and make some noise like me. my sl 1200MK.... i think i should fine new mat to make it more slip huhu:D

b3344 you just need another air force one and a mixer then it can be party time in thailand:) i'll bring some records

There is a very detailed review of the AF1 in April's Stereophile by Fremer. He loves it albeit calling it a bit more analytical than his Caliburn.

Of course he loves it; what did you expect? One thing really puzzled me, this is apparently an air-bearing design, but Mr Fremer includes the following : '....the platter does float on an air bearing, there is also a centering bearing that rides on grease, and that produces the needed friction to damp any residual ripple from the air pump' . So does this design really qualify as an air-bearing design....it seems to have a normal bearing, somehow assisted by air pressure. Or have I misunderstood? It all seems a bit confusing.

Good News: My AF1 is finally on a plane to Manila.

Bad News: The filter shelf from CMS in Illinois will arrive a week later! Aaaaarghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great news, Jack. Finally! It's been a long wait. My friend Han in Malaysia still hasn't got his shipping notice, so looks like you got yours first. Hopefully, he gets his sometime soon as I'm flying to K.L. to help him set up the Genesis 2 Juniors and demo the system.

Did you also get the Elite?

Hi Gary,

I finalized my order through the local Graham dealer yesterday. No word yet on when I'll get it so I'll be using one of my other Phantoms in the meantime. I still haven't quite figured out my racking strategy since I'm keeping my TW AC-3. Just got word from Joe that my Black Diamond shelf will ship out later than I expected because of AXPONA, April 2. Summer has started here and I'll be in the US when that arrives. It looks like I'll get everything up and running middle of next month yet. Motofumi is keeping me updated and the second AF1 is on schedule for May. By that time I should have had lots of hands on time for that installation.

Any plans on visiting Manila while you're in the region? Relive the good old days? Hahahahaha!

Jack

I am still puzzled about the 'air bearing.' It doesn't seem an air bearing in the usual sense. In fact it is all starting to look a bit less ambitious. No pure air bearing, no air bearing arm, no air suspension. Compared with something like a Walker it all seems just a touch mundane. It really needs to perform very well indeed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu