TechDAS Air Force Zero (real final photo)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
just do what Tang does with cartridges. order 6, throwaway 4 of them you don't like so much:D

He doesn't throw anything away, he keeps them all

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I should have been warned about spending on women to;)

Or like George Best said:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars – the rest I just squandered" :p:D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
while i agree.........what goes unsaid is; it's helpful to only have to spend on one woman, as opposed to multiple. system's tend to get downsized when it's multiple.

just say'n;)
At least one woman at the time;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Oh, it's incumbent upon the man to choose the RIGHT woman first.
Some are perfectly happy listening to
the same old cartridge every day !
Some have a regular cartridge with an extra for special occasions.
And some just insists on trying every
flavor that audio has to offer ;)
Variety is the spice of life ! :)

Reactions: ddk

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Glad females or our wives don't read hifi forums :eek: we would be in the dog house lol

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Glad females or our wives don't read hifi forums :eek: we would be in the dog house lol

Well we don't read their forums either. We call them old carts, they probably call us old farts

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What chances that your wives have cracked some jokes regarding you guys lasting as long as an audition track by the bonzo guy

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Don’t worry, their eyes glaze over when they read the headline :rolleyes:
But there is always the RON software
to protect us:oops:
And Fremer to correct us;)

Reactions: christoph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Let me hit the ball back to the fair way here.

I saw pictures of the AF Zero internal. It really explains why the tt is so damn expensive. The inside is as neatly finish as the outside. If you take it apart there must be a hundred pieces to put together. Being Techdas each piece is first grade crafted. At the same time I wonder why making a platter rotate has to be so damn complicated. It is getting close to a Tourbillon mechanism. Impressive but over-engineered come to my mind. This is quite opposite to the bare bone simple American Sound. When I assembled it I think there were no more than 10 pieces to put together.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: Lagonda

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

I saw pictures of the AF Zero internal. It really explains why the tt is so damn expensive. The inside is as neatly finish as the outside. If you take it apart there must be a hundred pieces to put together. Being Techdas each piece is first grade crafted. At the same time I wonder why making a platter rotate has to be so damn complicated. It is getting close to a Tourbillon mechanism. Impressive but over-engineered come to my mind. This is quite opposite to the bare bone simple American Sound. When I assembled it I think there were no more than 10 pieces to put together.

Kind regards,
Tang
I like complication in my watches...not so much in my TT's ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
All this to spin a simple 12" circular piece of plastic at one set speed, and allow a 9"-12" rod to rest unperturbed upon that plastic. Nothing could be simpler.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
....and yet...

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Kind regards,
Tang

Well, if you look at the machines that originally cut all the master discs it does make you wonder...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Al M. and Folsom

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That was at electric recording company, They showed me neumann and ortofon lyrec, latter playing tape, then cut a groove on the lacquer on the lathe, played it back, compared to tape and to the original LP. His own personal playback machine at home is Garrard with Durand talea, I forget which cart, and quad 57 with marantz electronics

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

1) WBF has female members. Many male WBF members and industry participants have girlfriends or wives who enjoy music or audio equipment or both.

Women like music just as much as men do. Sexism only discourages women from reading and participating on WBF.

2) Why would you ever post something you wouldn’t want your girlfriend or wife to read?

3) Your post, unfortunately, is another piece of evidence in support of my wife’s experientially-based view that a lot of high-end audio guys are sexist, vaguely adult autistic, a**h***s. I agree with her.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ra agrees w you Ron!!!
And Tinka.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing