The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Should this remain as a moderator's signature?

• This signature should be omitted as a moderator's signature.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • There is nothing wrong with a moderator having this as a signature.

Votes: 41 91.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It’s either moderators will be restricted to do policing and not permitted to comment on topics or unrestricted like a regular member as it has been now

Maybe the original aggrieved party or, anyone else so upset with this perceived affront should volunteer to be a moderator and thereby release Tom from the burden while simultaneously eliminating their perceived affront.

Your signature is up to you regardless of your position on the Forum.

Rob :)

Truth be told, I have many opinions. I don't like MP3 or MQA. There are lots of folks who swear by both. There are folks that swear up and down that cables don't amount to a hill of beans, and those that swear to the end result as to what they hear. Some folks love the end results of a master clock and there are highly respected mastering engineers that swear against them, I happen to hold my own opinion of those beliefs. But, as you see, the team and I's stance is that we must and do remain neutral. That is what we have done and will continue to do.

My signature was a quote from a highly respected friend. Whether it be outdated or incorrect? It's just an opinion. It has nothing to do with taking a side or trying to create a hostile atmosphere.

Of all of the top 3 formats, each have their own attributes and deficiencies and personally, I really don't think that it's the format that excels, I think it's the recording and gear that makes one shine over another. At the end of the day, there is ALWAYS a better system out there that one hasn't put their ears on yet that would possibly change their stance.

I just think it's silly that, just because I am a moderator, that I cannot share an opinion and that I must be censored. Apparently, the vast majority of the forum members that have offered their input on the poll think the same way. In all of my postings on the forum, I have not ever stated anything other than that they each have their own attributes and deficiencies and that I don't see why folks can't just enjoy each of them for what they are. I have just as many gripes with all 3 of the top formats, as I do with the things that I love about each format. No format is perfect and I doubt they will be within our lifetime. When a format and system can offer me the sheer authority of a lightning strike, then we can talk.

IMO, there does not "need" to be a clear winner. Just sit back, grab an adult drink and listen to the best reproductive effort you have, based upon your own formats, gear and preferences. To me, it really is that simple.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu