The Hunger Games

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must admit that having seen this trailer countless times and seeing the book for sale just about everywhere, I am looking forward to this film. I hope it doesn't become a cheesy kid's flick

Here is a movie synopsis from You Tube

Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains.

Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

unfortunately embedding is impossible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxb28j5C1w&ob=av3n

If it does no other good, it gave the immensely talented The Civil Wars, a chance to record with the immensley popular Taylor Swift. I hope it makes them some money; they deserve it.

Tim

But will it be a sappy kids movie with all the good scenes in the trailer and the rest of the movie a dud

I'm with Steve, I hope that it doesn't just end up being a sappy adaptation. I want it to be successful, but not in the manner of the Twilight series.

My was told me about this book when she first started reading it last Christmas Eve. While it's classified as young adult fiction when I bought it for my iPad, I went ahead and bought it because the way my wife described it I was very intrigued conceptually. Once I started reading it I could NOT put it down. I read all three books of the trilogy in the week between Christmas and New Years. I understand that the movie will condense the three books into two films. To be honest, I am very anxious to see it when it comes out.

According to the commercial I just saw, it will be out this Friday! I became interested in this as soon as Steve pointed it out.

But will it be a sappy kids movie with all the good scenes in the trailer and the rest of the movie a dud

On the basis of the current Rotten Tomatoes 100% rating from 15 reviews I placed it in my NetFlix queue.

On the basis of the current Rotten Tomatoes 100% rating from 15 reviews I placed it in my NetFlix queue.

Len

I am curious as to how they reviewed it before the movie was released.

My reservation however is the comment I have been reading that it will be the next Twilight and if there was ever a POS it was this series...IOW a sappy kids movie :(

Len

I am curious as to how they reviewed it before the movie was released.

My reservation however is the comment I have been reading that it will be the next Twilight and if there was ever a POS it was this series...IOW a sappy kids movie :(

And err a lot of women as well Steve :)
I know a heck of a lot that love the Vampire Diaries books, then loved Twighlight books and then loved the films of Twighlight.

Cheers
Orb

And err a lot of women as well Steve :)
I know a heck of a lot that love the Vampire Diaries books, then loved Twighlight books and then loved the films of Twighlight.

Cheers
Orb
well you live in a different part of the world :)

I am just hoping that we haven't seen the best parts of the movie in the trailer alone

well you live in a different part of the world :)

I am just hoping that we haven't seen the best parts of the movie in the trailer alone
You could be right, heck even my dear old mother likes the Vampire Diaries and Twighlight :)

Nah best bits combine it with undertones of a merged Twighlight/Vampire Diaries for the female watchers :)
It is a cruel world for us men hehe.
But at least they replace Mills and Boon books hahaha.

Cheers
Orb

We just got our tickets for tomorrow night! A night without my soon to be 3 year old son, a little wining and dining, this movie and a relaxing evening after that. Might even be able to sneak in a tune or two. Ahhhh, just what the doctor ordered.

In my opinion, absolutely not. I never really got into the Twilight saga but this one I can see me following. While there were some parts that might be considered slow to some, I do believe that the rest of the movie is definitely not a dud.

The wife and I both enjoyed it very much. Turned out to be a pretty good movie that captivated the entire audience quite well. It seemed to have followed the book well [according to my wife] and for the most part, the audience was incredibly quiet throughout the entire movie. They seemed to be thoroughly engaged throughout the whole flick, yearning to see what was going to happen next. There was one exception that I won't spoil for you but it made almost everybody in the theater jump out of their seats.

Steve, you had mentioned before that "I am just hoping that we haven't seen the best parts of the movie in the trailer alone", I do not think this was the case. Some parts were a little cheesy [at least to me] and I feel the director could have done a better job on but for the most part, this movie is a winner and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

I'd talk a bit more about it but I do not want to spoil anything for anybody. I'll just say that it's one of the best new releases that I have seen in a long time and that it didn't disappoint. Well worth the price of admission and while I may not be a pro reviewer [or anywhere even remotely close], I would give it a 4.5 out of 5.

Oh, one more note. I don't know that girl who plays the main role, as I have not seen here before in any film but I am in awe of her stunning performance. Incredible acting by this beautiful young lady and I feel that they could NOT have chosen a better actor to play that role. I have never in my life seen anybody portray the sense of being scared like she did. Well done!!!

Took my son yesterday to the matinee and it was only about half full. Most of the latter shows were sold out. It was quite good. Looking forward to the sequel to continue the story

Rob:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing