The Hunger Games

Took my whole family yesterday. While the whole dystopian thing is wearing thin on me except maybe for Atlas Shrugged, that young lady was exemplary. I'd watch the next part just for her. Lord of the Flies meets Survivor Future with a bit of Death Race 2000 mixed in and costume design lifted from The Fifth Element. Still, my daughters loved it and I wasn't turned off much. Worth a watchin' IMO.

It's 4AM here, I just got home tipsy as all heck and too lazy to google. All I can say is she was real purdy AND can act!

Hahahahahahahhahahaha! NOT!

^^^^^ Jennifer Lawrence

Last edited:
And who's goin' to post the trailer? :b
Hello, Bob. If you scroll back to the OP, the trailer is linked for ya'. I agree about Woody Harrelson, nice to see him again.

Good news; I'll be taking my son next week. Insufferable nerds that we are, we're always up for another quality sci-fi/fantasy series. Right now were barely able to breath with anticipation of the third installment of the Batman series, the beginning of the re-boot of Spiderman, The Avengers and....oh dear God, be still my beating heart...Peter Jackson's The Hobbit is coming! This new effort will hopefully fill some of the waiting space...

Tim

^^^^^ Jennifer Lawrence

Tx Ron.

Hello, Bob. If you scroll back to the OP, the trailer is linked for ya'. I agree about Woody Harrelson, nice to see him again.

I should have looked, TY Tom.

* Just watched that trailer; kid's stuff. :b

Heh. Read the first book on the way to the Montreal show. If my niece has read the book by the time I get back (her daddy borrowed it on the kindle for her while he's at the show) I may have to take her to the movie. I'm hearing good things about it from my friends.

^^^^^ Jennifer Lawrence

Well, well, well someone is trending on google ahead of Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez and every other Jennifer. She looked really familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her.

She played Mystique in X-Men First Class! I loved that film!

Saw the movie to at Rockwell cinemas with the family. My only objection was the deafeningly loud playback volume! How was it where you saw it, Jack?

Saw it at Promenade where the sound is always excellent. Very clear, very good surround calibration and hardly ever too loud. Very good projector and screen too. I wonder what they use.

Saw the film today and I liked it. Not great but held my attention for the entire 2 hours and 20 minutes

Jennifer Lawrence is a doll.

Definitely worth seeing. For those who read the book, how true to the book was the film

At Rockwell anything louder than a whispered conversation was to loud, the center channel was just too prominent vis-a-vis the surround channels.

Well, well, well someone is trending on google ahead of Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez and every other Jennifer. She looked really familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her.

She played Mystique in X-Men First Class! I loved that film!

We're not X-men fans in this house, as the first couple of those films just didn't seem to reach the standards of the better superhero stuff. But we watched First Class on disc Friday night and liked it a lot.

Tim

I agree with you Tim. I didn't like X-men 1, 2 or 3 plus Wolverine Origins much either. As an X-men kid from the get go, I found the movies lacked the social commentary on racism sorely watered down in these films. This was not the case with First Class.

Looks like we're watching a star being born in young Ms. Lawrence. I didn't realize she was already nominated for an Oscar.

I agree with you Tim. I didn't like X-men 1
I felt the extended one was a significant improvement. I liked it. Course some may not like it, too much verbiage.

I felt the extended one was a significant improvement. I liked it. Course some may not like it, too much verbiage.

My favorite action/superhero movies tend to be the ones with backstory/character development. A bit of an oxymoron, I understand, but for example, as fabulous as Keith Ledger (sp?) was in The Dark Knight, I find that with time, Batman Begins is better. The "slow start" where Wayne/Batman's history is told and we get a view into his motivations is the most interesting stuff. And now I find myself looking deep into silly fantasy movies as if they are literature...:). I have to admit, I love the stuff, though none of it rises to the standard of LOTR.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing