The new audiophile vinyl series The Original Source from Deutsche Grammophon (AAA)

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
I'm still waiting for my 1st batch to arrive (ordered a few months ago).
When (If?) it arrives, I may order another batch.

Reactions: drrsutliff

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
My order arrived yesterday. Can't share my feeling because my Nagra HD pre is still in Switzerland for upgrade

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You've got a nice suprise in store.
Just finished up the Schubert, Quintet Piano Violin Viola Cello Double Bass, A Maj.
Another winner!

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Westlake Village, CA, USA
You've got a nice suprise in store.
Just finished up the Schubert, Quintet Piano Violin Viola Cello Double Bass, A Maj.
Another winner!
I guess the European orders arrived while us in the USA are still waiting

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
just put on the Schubert-Forellenquintet
very good pressing
slightly dry sounding recording in my taste
wonderful performance

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Despite Brexit...

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
1st batch arrived today at my home in Florida.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Hey, I’m Florida also but haven’t received mine yet. Did you get any shipping notice or did it just pop up out of nowhere?

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
Hey, I’m Florida also but haven’t received mine yet. Did you get any shipping notice or did it just pop up out of nowhere?
There was an unexpected knock on the door… No prior notice was received.

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Finally had time to sit down and digest the first two parts of that trout. This is rather good stuff indeed.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
I also listened to this record yesterday. I consider that the recording and the interpretation is good but I am afraid that I will continue to enjoy this other one much more.

the trout.png

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Interestingly, I just received the Schubert I ordered through Amazon, even though it was released for sale today while the DG albums shipped over a week ago, I’m very pleased with the performance and the SQ is beautiful. I still haven’t received the two I did order very early from DG. I’m in California. According to the tracking I think it’s either still in Germany awaiting customs release or on the way now. Looking at the DG Original Source website, the Mozart piano concertos that were part of the latest batch they placed for sale are sold out. All of the other albums are still available. I guess if I really want a release I need to buy from DG rather than wait for it to appear on any of the USA sites

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Interestingly, I just received the Schubert I ordered through Amazon, even though it was released for sale today while the DG albums shipped over a week ago, I’m very pleased with the performance and the SQ is beautiful. I still haven’t received the two I did order very early from DG. I’m in California. According to the tracking I think it’s either still in Germany awaiting customs release or on the way now. Looking at the DG Original Source website, the Mozart piano concertos that were part of the latest batch they placed for sale are sold out. All of the other albums are still available. I guess if I really want a release I need to buy from DG rather than wait for it to appear on any of the USA sites
Where do you see the tracking information on the DG website?
I only see my order and when it was placed and that’s it.
I still haven’t received my 1st batch order as well.

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
I didn’t find it on the website, I logged into my Informed Delivery acct on the USPS website and saw it there. See pic IMG_0276.jpeg

Reactions: iaxel

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
No such service here…

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I'm still waiting for my 1st batch to arrive (ordered a few months ago).
When (If?) it arrives, I may order another batch.
I just discovered that DG shipped my first order (for the 1st batch or Original Source albums) to Canada by SHIP (“maritime transport”). Yes, they are in a shipping container. It’s been a month since they sent it, and it’s still not even loaded on the ship!
They charged 60EUR to ship 4 albums, which is more than enough for air shipping. Guaranteed, they will all be warped when they arrive. Previously, they have always shipped by air, so I’m not sure what’s going on, other than pure incompetence.

I just sent them an email asking them to send a new batch via air. Honestly, I have never encountered such incompetence in eCommerce as with Bravado, the company that handles DG.com orders. They also never reply when they don’t like the question, so we’ll see what to do if they don’t.

If your DHL tracking # starts with two letters, it has not gone out by air, or it has but will use your local post office for delivery within your country; or it’s being sent by ship and will use your local post office. Terrible.

You’ll find tracking info here: https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=[ENTER TRACKING #]
USPS won’t show anything useful until it reaches the USA. @Lxgreen, yours looks like it was air to the US and now USPS ground from the DHL hub to you… DG should have paid for direct air service.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Has anyone ordered the complete 2nd batch from Music Direct, or another retailer in N America? I see that Music Direct does not have all the albums on the website: they show only 3 albums, but there are 7.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I just discovered that DG shipped my first order (for the 1st batch or Original Source albums) to Canada by SHIP (“maritime transport”). Yes, they are in a shipping container. It’s been a month since they sent it, and it’s still not even loaded on the ship!
They charged 60EUR to ship 4 albums, which is more than enough for air shipping. Guaranteed, they will all be warped when they arrive. Previously, they have always shipped by air, so I’m not sure what’s going on, other than pure incompetence.

I just sent them an email asking them to send a new batch via air. Honestly, I have never encountered such incompetence in eCommerce as with Bravado, the company that handles DG.com orders. They also never reply when they don’t like the question, so we’ll see what to do if they don’t.

If your DHL tracking # starts with two letters, it has not gone out by air, or it has but will use your local post office for delivery within your country; or it’s being sent by ship and will use your local post office. Terrible.

You’ll find tracking info here: https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=[ENTER TRACKING #]
USPS won’t show anything useful until it reaches the USA. @Lxgreen, yours looks like it was air to the US and now USPS ground from the DHL hub to you… DG should have paid for direct air service.
Crazy 'Zeotrope' ! I feel for you with your frustrations and being angry etc. I certainly would be the same if I was experiencing the same as you ! Luckily with UK geographically not being far away from Europe, mine arrived quite quickly (all four 10 days ago now) (although with no email etc. from DG that they were coming etc.) with excellent packaging etc. Just cleaned them this morning with my Keith Monks RCM, so will be listening to them today.

Reactions: Zeotrope

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing