The Tres Amigos Ride Again-An Ongoing Saga----The Tres are Now Quattro Amigos

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Jack, for the report on your trip, and for your extremely interesting and passionately-written impressions of Bob’s loudspeakers and turntables and the combinations thereof!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bob, Steve I named my little boy Joaquin Niicolas. Loosely translated from spanish to english....... Jack Nicklaus LOL

Ok cool, I did leave one last vital thing out. (Back at computeer with crappy keyboard)

It is difficult to compare equipment without establishing a baseline. In thiis case this was established with the digital front end comprised of the SGM and the Acquos DAC. While I couldn't compare the digital front end to another digital front end, it did allow for a basis for everythinng else. I did ot detect anything negative or offputting with the digital. That alone is a feat in my experience. It just sounded like music. For the pragmatist, that would be all one really need ask for.

For those who don't have an IT department at home and have the coin, the SGM is a one box, two cable solution worth investigating. Being wired house wide, my only question is, should I take this route, will I be able to access the files in the SGM via Roon from another room that's part of my network?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, Steve I named my little boy Joaquin Niicolas. Loosely translated from spanish to english....... Jack Nicklaus LOL

Ok cool, I did leave one last vital thing out. (Back at computeer with crappy keyboard)

It is difficult to compare equipment without establishing a baseline. In thiis case this was established with the digital front end comprised of the SGM and the Acquos DAC. While I couldn't compare the digital front end to another digital front end, it did allow for a basis for everythinng else. I did ot detect anything negative or offputting with the digital. That alone is a feat in my experience. It just sounded like music. For the pragmatist, that would be all one really need ask for.

For those who don't have an IT department at home and have the coin, the SGM is a one box, two cable solution worth investigating. Being wired house wide, my only question is, should I take this route, will I be able to access the files in the SGM via Roon from another room that's part of my network?

Jack, now that's great, hopefully as your son grows he likes golf:)

Agree with Steve, the Extreme is a no-brainer, if it's financially possible. It's the real deal.

Reactions: ALF

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No regrets :D That pie was sublime! :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jack, you do know that for what we spent on that white truffle pizza, you could have easily bought a new keyboard, right? :cool:
A new keyboard? It could have bought an Extreme :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

heath_robert

Feb 2, 2022
Yes, it was me. I worked there part time while in college at Univ Rochester. I banked hours and bought audio gear at accommodation in return, which is how I bought my first ARC SP3a, D76a's and Magneplanar 1U's. But that wasn't the best part of working in the store on State street across from Kodak HQ. Rather, it was watching Paul stand by the door of his shop every day at 5 pm to watch the secretaries exit the building. And guess what. I didn't mind it either:eek:. Paul was a good and thoughtful mentor and I will always be indebted to him for my early audio education.
You seem to have known my Dad pretty well, LOL..... his son Bob

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing