The Union - Elton John & Leon Russell

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm thinking of picking this up (on vinyl), and was wondering if anyone here has it already (any format). If so, comments are greatly appreciated.

elton_john_and_l&#10.jpg

John

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Hi John,

I picked it up on cd and was pleasantly surprised, I really like it, mostly mellow tunes. I have not been a fan of EJs more current releases as a matter of fact I can't tell you the last EJ release I have liked. I think this his best in quite some time. I will pick it up on vinyl also as the cd seems to be fairly well recorded, so thats my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Dan

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks Dan!

What I find appealing about these two guys is the fact they are so different in style and background, that I thought it would make for an interesting duet album.

John

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Exactly John, like I said I am not a real big EJ fan but I really like Leon, I feel he is one of the most under rated musicians of our time, and yes these two do seem to blend well together. Let me know how the vinyl sounds recording wise when you get it please.

Dan

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Hey John, on another album here. On that King Crimson remaster thread I started we got talking about MFSL albums and you brought up the Alan Parsons I Robot on MFSL. Well I picked up a MINT copy Japanese import half speed virgin vinyl on ebay for believe it or not what I consider a very reasonable cost. The recording is stellar, to the point of when I play this album it drives one of my cats crazy, she goes from speaker to speaker and then behind them with her ears moving constantly, really strange. But if you get a chance to pick one of these up, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Dan

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm still toying with the idea of picking up a used MoFi of this from my dealer for $75......he says it's mint, but he won't take it back and I won't let him play it on his in-store TT.....I trust his grading completely, but for $75 that's a good chunk of money for me, and I can't afford to make the wrong choice. A shame as it's my fave APP album.

John

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Yep, I took the big chance on ebay although I had purchased other albums from this seller and saw that his grading was fair, and I won the auction at $46, for once a deal went my way!!!

Dan

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yep, I took the big chance on ebay although I had purchased other albums from this seller and saw that his grading was fair, and I won the auction at $46, for once a deal went my way!!!

Dan

Sweet! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing