This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
This will help pass the time.
Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!

http://radio.garden/live
But David, it’s not analog !:eek:

Reactions: Bobvin

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
I don't understand the basis for this assertion. It is not obvious to me why states with radically different population densities should all follow the exact same rules on the exact same timelines.

Recommend you study the difference in countries that did adopt a national approach - regardless of population densities - & those the didn't - accurate data does not lie nor is it influenced by political bias.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
True but you don’t have to get off the couch anymore!
david
But flipping my vinyl is the only exercise i get these days.:rolleyes:

Reactions: tima and Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
But flipping my vinyl is the only exercise i get these days.:rolleyes:

I flip my CDs and go for walks, with social distancing of course ;).

Reactions: Lagonda

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Recommend you study the difference in countries that did adopt a national approach - regardless of population densities - & those the didn't - accurate data does not lie nor is it influenced by political bias.

Nor is the virus influenced by political bias and wishful thinking.

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Any authority not specifically designated to the federal government in the US Constitution is left to the states. Each state makes its own choices wrt lockdown and individual cities and towns can make choices for themselves.

Interstate commerce is under federal control and currently continues. There is plenty of food in the US but it comes from different parts of the country. It simply would not work to cut interstate commerce. There are some states with pandemic related controls about people movement. For example, Florida asked people fleeing the New York City area to quarantine when arriving.

Australia is exactly the same - with each state self managed - however - all states agreed to a national approach to best manage Covid 19 & that is what continues today. There is no restriction on interstate movement of goods - there is restrictions on the interstate movement of people. This approach appears - at this stage - to have significantly reduced the numbers contracting Covid 19 & those dying from Covid 19. Time will tell.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!

That is amazing, David!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

Thank you for posting this; just incredible

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I flip my CDs and go for walks, with social distancing of course ;).
I can only get in 1 bench press with my Roon Al... so I’m also taking long safely distanced walks along the lake which I live beside and because we can’t swim laps here now have just taken back to a nicely socially distanced ride on a road bike (after 25 years :oops:) oh me achin calves :rolleyes:.

We are lucky here living on the edge of the country and coast so have many more safer options than most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin and Lagonda

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'm seeing quite a few people wearing masks walking or riding a bike alone in a rural area with nobody in sight. :confused:

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I'm seeing quite a few people wearing masks walking or riding a bike alone in a rural area with nobody in sight. :confused:
Yes, in the old days that was the perfect scenario in horror movies... now they are just us... just socially responsible masked stray people out for a bit of health and fresh air.

All wearing masks is part of the way forwards so we can try to stay healthy.

After four weeks of not swimming laps most days my lung health and cardio started to take a fall. People need to stay physically and emotionally healthy to have a chance to tackle this thing in the longer term.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Probably because of videos like police unlawfully dragging some dude off a bus.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
It might not look reasonable. But I would actually appreciate seeing they wear mask respecting my safety. Mask reduce the spread of virus if that person riding the bike has it. There are already scientific studies about distance of spread that go much farther when you bike or run. More importantly it is the considerate mindset and curtesy to others that reflect from people who wear them.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Australia is exactly the same - with each state self managed - however - all states agreed to a national approach to best manage Covid 19 & that is what continues today. There is no restriction on interstate movement of goods - there is restrictions on the interstate movement of people. This approach appears - at this stage - to have significantly reduced the numbers contracting Covid 19 & those dying from Covid 19. Time will tell.
We are starting to get some uniformity in approach but this could still be coordinated better... still all just getting a sense of how best to proceed.

As a mate once told me; we all need to hang together through this... or we’ll surely all hang together in the end either way.

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
It might not look reasonable. But I would actually appreciate seeing they wear mask respecting my safety. Mask reduce the spread of virus if that person riding the bike has it. There are already scientific studies about distance of spread that go much farther when you bike or run. More importantly it is the considerate mindset and curtesy to others that reflect from people who wear them.
If mask wearing is the new norm for all (till this is better resolved) then there is no confusion. We just need to go at this together for sure.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
And you don’t have to shave and brush your teeth anymore ! It’s a win win situation !:D

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I like going for walks around the neighborhood, and only rarely encounter someone else. Since we don’t talk, except to say hi, I am not wearing a mask, and generally neither are they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing