Transparent Audio REF XL Cables and Power Products

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats PeterA! Great cables...for a great system.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I've decided to go ahead and buy these cables. They have made a tremendous difference in my system.

Here are the eight boxes of cables and power products:

View attachment 9143

The speaker cables:

View attachment 9144

Where it all starts:

View attachment 9145

The thought of that real fireplace being right between the speakers and in the room with the electronics and actually being used gives me the shivers. I hope your chimney has a hell of a draw.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Bravo Peter!
Using the full set is the best way of going the Transparent Audio way.
Can I ask you where you put the extra Vibraplanes?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The thought of that real fireplace being right between the speakers and in the room with the electronics and actually being used gives me the shivers. I hope your chimney has a hell of a draw.

Mep, The fireplace is there to give you warmth, though the shivers might actually be welcome if you live down south. Seriously, don't worry about the system and the fireplace. I used to have fires before I had the stereo to help stay warm during the New England winters. My first amp was a Pass Aleph 5 and ever since then, I've owned Pass Class A amps. These monster XA 160.5s are so warm that I have turned off the radiators in that room for the winter and only use the fireplace a few times a season when we have company. No smoke enters the room because we have excellent draw from this chimney. That damper line goes to the top of the chimney and it is all quite effective. Thanks for your concern.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bravo Peter!
Using the full set is the best way of going the Transparent Audio way.
Can I ask you where you put the extra Vibraplanes?

Thanks Microstrip. If you look very closely, you will see a Vibraplane under each of the amps. They are fully loaded with 136lbs of steel ballast plates and then the 130 lbs of Pass mono blocks. Suprisingly, these isolation devices do wonders on these SS amps.

DSC_0010.jpg

Here is a photo showing one Vibraplane and the new REF XL speaker cables:

DSC_0006.jpg

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Congrats Peter.... Christmas in April...!!

Thank you Bruce. Transparent offers an excellent used cable trade-in program of which I took full advantage. The dealer just picked up my old cables and line conditioner this afternoon and heard the new ones in the system. Christmas indeed.

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Mep, The fireplace is there to give you warmth, though the shivers might actually be welcome if you live down south. Seriously, don't worry about the system and the fireplace. I used to have fires before I had the stereo to help stay warm during the New England winters. My first amp was a Pass Aleph 5 and ever since then, I've owned Pass Class A amps. These monster XA 160.5s are so warm that I have turned off the radiators in that room for the winter and only use the fireplace a few times a season when we have company. No smoke enters the room because we have excellent draw from this chimney. That damper line goes to the top of the chimney and it is all quite effective. Thanks for your concern.

I lived in Maine for 12 years and I know all about having to heat your house with wood. Good to know you don't have to use your fireplace very much and that you don't have any down drafts.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi Peter congrats ! Great choice !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing