TW Acustic - moving up the range

myrman

Aug 30, 2016
UK
I currently own a Raven One with a Raven 10.5" arm and am considering moving up to either the AC or the AC Anniversary model. I have always been very happy with the Raven One and am keen to hear from anyone who has made a similar upgrade and if they feel the benefits justified the additional outlay. Also is the AC Ani basically an AC with the newer style arm board section or is it more than that? I really like the design of this and the way that the tonearm mount can be micro adjusted.

One other option to add to the mix is the Raven Ltd. I believe only 50 units were made but if we have any owners here I would love to hear your thoughts.

Have you ever thought about a motor upgrade? The Raven One is an excellent basis for an upgrade. A Raven AC motor controller + a second motor makes a huge difference in sound. If you set up the motors separately, you gain space for a second tonearm if you like.
Exsample pic with black night motor ( a bit overkill but phantastic)and 2 tonearmsIMG_0071.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: myrman
As the US importer and distributor for TW-Acustic, please take a look at the GT2. Same size as your R1 but, has many paths for upgrades and you can use up to 4 arms on it. Great table both, in value and performance.
Thomas really needs to update his website.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu