Venom defender questions!

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
So I have one venom defender right now that I use in the second outlet of my wall duplex, the other outlet feeding my power strip.
I feel like this first defender did some good, lowered the noise floor and the bass improved quite a bit. However, I just ordered a Shunyata PS8 package with the venom HC power cable and another Venom defender.

Does anyone know if the defenders stack if you use multiple? is one enough to get the full effect or is there an ideal amount to use??

Also curious if anyone knows if the placement of it makes any difference, should it be as close to the input of the PS8 or on the opposite side or does it not matter?

Last edited:

Crumhorn

Oct 21, 2017
Either Caelin or Grant of Shunyata said that the benefits of the Venom Defender are potentially additive up to at least 3, but too many will make the sound worse. Listen both ways & decide which sounds better in your system.

As for the PS8 (or any power strip) the Venom Defender should always be closest to the power input of the strip, between the input & the plugged components.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekmanc

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Thank you, that's exactly the type of answer I was looking for!
I have it set up like you describe right now but I will definitely do some listening tests to see if I prefer 1 or 2 defenders.

Do you or anyone else know if the defenders are still useful if I should upgrade to a Denali or Triton product or if that makes them a little pointless??

Crumhorn

Oct 21, 2017
In a thread in another forum, Caelin Gabriel stated that a Venom Defender would produce no benefit, & might actually be counter-productive, if used with a Denali or Triton. He suggested that if there were no components that would remain unfiltered-(my paraphrase, not his word) by the better unit(s), that the Venom could provide improvements to a separate video, TV or even computer system.

Reactions: Ekmanc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing