Videos of Acoustically-Coupled Audio Recordings

This recent video is the closest I have gotten to the mid to high 70 percentile of what you can hear in person. Enjoy

I perceive tho art a bit of a realist with your ability to discern/interpret what you hear.

When you say hear in person, I'm unsure if you mean hearing the recording played back in the room? Or if you're implying comparing the sonics of your in-room video to an unadulterated youtube flavor like the one I posted above.

If you're implying the latter, I'd venture to say that your in-room video's sonics are certainly in the ballpark of the youtube flavor as are your words.

Additionally, your in-room video seems to lack any sense of that unpleasant hollowed empty-coffee-can-like sonic signature prevelant in many playback configs.

Nice to see and job well done. Both with the system's level of musicality and with your generally verbal accuracy of what you hear. Very rare to get even one of these in the ballpark but you're seemingly in the ballpark with both.

What galaxy did you say you're from again? :)

This recent video is the closest I have gotten to the mid to high 70 percentile of what you can hear in person. Enjoy

Nice equipment, and microphone (Neumann U87). You could record your voice with the Neumann, then play the recording back on your speakers and record that with the Neumann - I've seen someone else publish these types of videos and it is interesting.

On a side note, your videos of your visit to Japan are interesting as well!

The drivers you see in this video correspond to the two large horns at the back of the room?

Out of curiosity do you have a description of the system?
It seems that in every room, listening is done behind a low bookshelf?

Last edited:

I perceive tho art a bit of a realist with your ability to discern/interpret what you hear.

When you say hear in person, I'm unsure if you mean hearing the recording played back in the room? Or if you're implying comparing the sonics of your in-room video to an unadulterated youtube flavor like the one I posted above.

If you're implying the latter, I'd venture to say that your in-room video's sonics are certainly in the ballpark of the youtube flavor as are your words.

Additionally, your in-room video seems to lack any sense of that unpleasant hollowed empty-coffee-can-like sonic signature prevelant in many playback configs.

Nice to see and job well done. Both with the system's level of musicality and with your generally verbal accuracy of what you hear. Very rare to get even one of these in the ballpark but you're seemingly in the ballpark with both.

What galaxy did you say you're from again? :)
Let’s here your system with this track…,

Let’s here your system with this track…,
It's a beautiful song from a band I've never heard before and already looked at its availability. So far, I only found it available on the band's website for $38 including shipping. Seems a bit pricey to me but if I hear a few more tracks it may be worth it.

Regardless, you don't really think your listening skills would suddenly blossom this time if I did post a video of this track, do you?

But a few days ago I posted this video in your Dead Can Dance thread for your potential edification and enjoyment.

Where is the microphone that is actually capturing the sound of the speakers located in the room in relation to the listening seat? The video makes it look like it’s at some oblique angle.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu