Videos of Acoustically-Coupled Audio Recordings

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Yes, indeed. And that is all in the analog domain. That's the point.

The “system” Remastering process that I have developed and implemented on my WAAR system is 100% “Analog”.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
I have traveled all over the world and have listen to these same tracks on all continents in the world.
...any pics from the Antarctic system listening sessions would be very cool, if you have them! Maybe some Penguin Cafe Orchestra? Love those guys.

• Haha
Reactions: abeidrov

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012

You would have been better of with my “system” Remastering process than with the trial and error exercise that you are currently undertaking with the PSI AVAA C20 active tube traps.

Last edited:

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
...any pics from the Antarctic system listening sessions would be very cool, if you have them! Maybe some Penguin Cafe Orchestra? Love those guys.

You got me. I have not been to Antarctica. I meant it figuratively, not literally.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
yes, that was clear. Do you have an analog source or do you only listen to digital? Why is your remastering process analog and not digital?

On my WAAR system the source is digital streaming from Tidal.

I can and have implemented Remastering systems with 100% analog, 100% digital, and hybrid analog & digital chains.

The use of HQPLAYER is advantageous but not essential. What Jussi Laako has accomplished with HQPLAYER is nothing short of remarkable, but as I have demonstrated, it can also be done 100% with analog tools.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
I was going to suggest to Carlos269 that he "remaster" this track and post it for all to compare. I see that may already be in progress. I look forward to the comparison.

Here are my two system video submission of the Hilary Hahn track on my WAAR system with the Remastering process:

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Here are my two system video submission of the Hilary Hahn track on my WAAR system with the Remastering process:

I don't think this recording is saveable either.
Try this one, live performance of her playing Mozart for reference below:
Screenshot_2023_0905_133607.jpg

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow

Carlos, my friend, all your videos are abysmal, but do not worry, it’s a good thing ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rexp and morricab

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Can you please play this on your DHT/SET system?

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
We could, or you could go and buy the vinyl record. Trust me it will greatly enrich your life.

That is a rabbit hole I do not want to go down. I have close to 50.000 tracks in my digital library. I like Coltrane, but there are so many others... My life is enriched by having all this music available for me to listen to (whether on my main system, or on my computer or even my phone), not by seeking the ultimate best quality of a few albums. Moreover, at this point, digital playback in my system is at a level where I can enjoy it and I no longer feel like it is an obstacle. There are other aspects which I rather focus on than the source.

I perfectly understand people who want to get the best version of their favorite albums, whether on CD, vinyl, tape... It's just not my thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al M. and Argonaut

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Carlos, my friend, all your videos are abysmal, but do not worry, it’s a good thing ;)

We have not heard a single video from you. Come on “abeidrov” let us hear what your system sounds like. I realize from your signature that you don’t have a high level system but come on give it a try. Let’s hear what it sounds like.

I can tell my videos got a hold of you, and hopefully you can break free. They have damaged your pride, they hurt you, you are all consumed with ENVY!

• Love
Reactions: abeidrov

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Also sounds bad, you need the vinyl, all digital versions I've heard are beyond saving.
@Rexp Would you post your video here again so I don’t have to hunt for it? I’d like to compare it to the YouTube version

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
We have not heard a single video from you. Come on “abeidrov” let us hear what your system sounds like. I realize from your signature that you don’t have a high level system but come on give it a try. Let’s hear what it sounds like.

I can tell my videos got a hold of you, and hopefully you can break free. They have damaged your pride, they hurt you, you are all consumed with ENVY!
On the contrary, I love you, man! You are a funny guy here and bring lots of entertainment.
I used to record a lot of videos, when my system was evolving: https://youtube.com/@azizbedirov5307?si=3lphqLKdKQVHHrG_
Not anymore, I just enjoy my system now.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
On the contrary, I love you, man! You are a funny guy here and bring lots of entertainment.
I used to record a lot of videos, when my system was evolving: https://youtube.com/@azizbedirov5307?si=3lphqLKdKQVHHrG_
Not anymore, I just enjoy my system now.

Thank you for providing the link to your system videos. I listened to all four videos with an open mind. I prefer the sound of Amp 1, for what it’s worth.

The sound of your videos convey a lot of the room acoustics, but in general we get a good dose of the essence of your system’s sound.

You system has the sound of a typical high-end audio system. It sounds 2-dimensional, a bit cold & sterile, and lacks the space & dimensionality and resolution & inner detail that I enjoy.

Open two YouTube windows side by side and listen to any one of your videos in the first window and then jump to the second window and listen to my Hilary Hahn or any of my other videos and it is startling and readily apparent that our systems’ sound are completely different. While your system sounds like you are playing a recording, my WAAR system with the Remastering process sounds like live music.

I’m not trying to humiliate you. I’m glad that you provided the videos as they help me make my point. Maybe others will also provide videos of their systems so that we can do more compare and contrast analysis like this.

Last edited:

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
If you 'like' it, you'll have it saved.

Rexp, keep in mind that “zzx zzy”, the Hong Kong based Audiophile that posted this video is using a Cello Audio Palette to remaster the recording. This is interesting to me as I use a Cello Audio Palette “MIV” in my WAAR system.

“Zzx zzy” has done a very nice job of remastering this and his other recordings with the Cello Audio Palette.

The Cello Audio Pallete is a graphic equalizer with very small Q, or in other words broad bandwidth around the specified center frequencies. This is a wide brush strokes type of instrument that is very useful. I use it sparingly at the frequency extremes. On the other hand, my system Remastering process is surgical and allows me to make adjustments with pinpoint precision.

I have the Cello Audio components that he is using and again, interestingly I use a pair of Cello Duet amplifiers, in mono configuration, to power the ribbon mid/high towers on my Wisdom Audio Adrenaline Rush speakers. The audiophiles in Hong Kong still hold Cello Audio equipment in the highest regards, as it is classic and the sound is top notch.

Look at his equipment list in the video if you have not already done so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rexp

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
If you 'like' it, you'll have it saved.

I listened to the video attentively, with headphones, comparing it to other videos and to the recording I have. Of course, there are things to like about this video, but something immediately bothered me with the sound of the instruments, that just don't sound right. The sax, trumpet, trombone, sound a little "nasal", as if the harmonics of the instruments were cut-off somewhere - or maybe some frequencies are over-emphasized. I don't know what is the cause - the system, the room, the recording (less likely). As I hear it on this video, I think this system would be fatiguing for me to listen to, but one would have to experience it live to know for sure.

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Carlos, thanks for posting these two "remastered" versions. While I only have very modest speakers, and the tracks are not volume level matched to the YouTube clip I posted,
I do not find either of them to be an improvement.

Enjoy your systems and remastering methods!

Reactions: Carlos269

Wavetouch

Jul 4, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
www.wavetouchaudio.com
I listened to the video attentively, with headphones, comparing it to other videos and to the recording I have. Of course, there are things to like about this video, but something immediately bothered me with the sound of the instruments, that just don't sound right. The sax, trumpet, trombone, sound a little "nasal", as if the harmonics of the instruments were cut-off somewhere - or maybe some frequencies are over-emphasized. I don't know what is the cause - the system, the room, the recording (less likely). As I hear it on this video, I think this system would be fatiguing for me to listen to, but one would have to experience it live to know for sure.
Maybe your ears are in unnatural hearing mode due to listening your system. Compare both the original and zzxzzy recordings. They are same sounds except zzxzzy's has some room acoustic sound.

My hat's off to zzxzzy. I repeat said "hello" with zzxzzy's sounds, and I hear perfect natural sounds just like the original music. This is the best live recording in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: wil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing