vintage Avalon monitor?

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
Any comments about this vintage Avalon monitor? Some 20 years old, new in box. Sound anchor stands.
Comparisons to say SF guarneri, TAD me1?

Attachments

• 8ADB3C6C-F238-41C5-94EA-E2DC73634939.jpeg
    8ADB3C6C-F238-41C5-94EA-E2DC73634939.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 14

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Well, it's been about 20 years since I've heard a pair of these. That time it was a comparison between these and the original Magico Mini, and for reasons I don't remember, there was a TAD-CR1 (much newer speaker) there too. Only have vague memories of the session, but the Avalons didn't embarrass themselves in distinguished company. I had a soft spot for Avalon back in the day because I thought they looked great. Never thought those stands did justice to the design but I think they might find a place in a system today, although they will be very different from your Apogees.

Reactions: engadin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing