VYGER now available in the US

caesar

May 30, 2010
Greetings,

Rhapsody Music and Cinema, located in Manhattan, is proud to announce that we will be representing VYGER http://www.vyger.com in the US. We currently have an Atlantis Generation IV on order, expecting arrival in a few months. Not sure what cartridge we will mount for openers. Please feel free to come in and see/hear the Atlantis upon its arrival. The VYGER US prices are as follows:

VYGER US PRICE LIST (Prices include delivery in the US direct from VYGER in Italy via Fedex Express, all US import taxes (VAT) as well as complete installation and set up anywhere in the continental US)

1) Indian Signature IV Generation

Silver $66,000usd

Black Anodized $69,000usd

2) Atlantis IV Generation Silver $64,000usd

3) Indian Master IV Generation Silver $53,000usd

4) Krimon 1 phono stage $55,000usd

View attachment 50038
Hi Sir,
Congratulations! Considering you are already carrying a top brand like TechDAS, what are the virtues of this brand?
Thanks

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Sir,
Congratulations! Considering you are already carrying a top brand like TechDAS, what are the virtues of this brand?
Thanks

Please it's Bob, Well the TD's are GREAT TT's in my estimation, they do appeal to me personally on a more technical level vs. a lust of beautiful object. Both the Kondo Ginga TT, which I already have many happy customers who own and love them, and I believe the Vyger tables appeal to different tastes than the TD tables. The TD, Ginga and Vyger all spin vinyl pretty well along with so many more choices that are available in the market in this "golden age" and with a preferred arm/cart set up can make mostly anyone a happy camper.

IMHO the beauty of the Atlantis is quite something special and the included in the price linear tracking arm and the fact that it's not $100K+ is a perfect trifecta. There are so many VYGER owners out there at this point that would do more justice to your question as I am a newbie with respect to VYGER, but I am a VERY happy newbie in this case.

On the flip side I bet there are those that will read this and say I lust after the TD tables and they are beautiful and the VYGER with the Linear arm is more technical.....it's all so subjective, I'm the last one to know anything other than what I like and I often even have a hard time figuring that out!

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Please it's Bob, Well the TD's are GREAT TT's in my estimation, they do appeal to me personally on a more technical level vs. a lust of beautiful object. Both the Kondo Ginga TT, which I already have many happy customers who own and love them, and I believe the Vyger tables appeal to different tastes than the TD tables. The TD, Ginga and Vyger all spin vinyl pretty well along with so many more choices that are available in the market in this "golden age" and with a preferred arm/cart set up can make mostly anyone a happy camper.

IMHO the beauty of the Atlantis is quite something special and the included in the price linear tracking arm and the fact that it's not $100K+ is a perfect trifecta. There are so many VYGER owners out there at this point that would do more justice to your question as I am a newbie with respect to VYGER, but I am a VERY happy newbie in this case.

On the flip side I bet there are those that will read this and say I lust after the TD tables and they are beautiful and the VYGER with the Linear arm is more technical.....it's all so subjective, I'm the last one to know anything other than what I like and I often even have a hard time figuring that out!

Bob,
Thank you! Best of luck to you!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
It's great that your speakers are so efficient. I am a sucker for efficiency.

Dammit Bob, since my visit this weekend to your shop and after hearing the Diesis Roma, I haven't been able to get that great sound out of my head. Those speakers really are something special.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Dammit Bob, since my visit this weekend to your shop and after hearing the Diesis Roma, I haven't been able to get that great sound out of my head. Those speakers really are something special.

I enjoyed your visit so much Bob. Not even the audio stuff, it was a nice morning. Glad you both made it home and I bet after this excursion it sure was great to get back home.

The funny part is guess what I've been listening to literally ever since you left and I was sitting here listening to it now.....Starts with "Cisco Kid". Both "The world is a Ghetto" and "All day music". I've listened to both albums all the way through Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights and here I am again. War sounds crazy good.

Anyway, great to see you Bob and thx for visiting!

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Congratulations Bob - I adore my Indian Signature. I am sure you will be thrilled with the performance as will your customers :cool:.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congratulations Bob - I adore my Indian Signature. I am sure you will be thrilled with the performance as will your customers :cool:.
Thx so much Bill!!! I must say that your comments in the threads here definitely were a factor in my interest in VYGER.....now I get to play the waiting game. Thx again.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I enjoyed your visit so much Bob. Not even the audio stuff, it was a nice morning. Glad you both made it home and I bet after this excursion it sure was great to get back home.

The funny part is guess what I've been listening to literally ever since you left and I was sitting here listening to it now.....Starts with "Cisco Kid". Both "The world is a Ghetto" and "All day music". I've listened to both albums all the way through Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights and here I am again. War sounds crazy good.

Anyway, great to see you Bob and thx for visiting!

Indeed, Bob, your place was truly a port-in-the-storm. Thanks for sharing your morning. I'll ping you via PM, as I have some questions wrt to the Diesis and don't wish to derail this thread.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Indeed, Bob, your place was truly a port-in-the-storm. Thanks for sharing your morning. I'll ping you via PM, as I have some questions wrt to the Diesis and don't wish to derail this thread.
:)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Conclusion is quite unexpected given good feedbacks from users in this forum though.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thx so much, I didn't know about Mikey's reveiw.

That is from 2003 and quite outdated. But accurate from what I understand. The big effort over the last 15 years has been on improving the tone arm and even version 3 to 4 are supposed to be different tables (i haven't compared any of the previous ones)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That is from 2003 and quite outdated. But accurate from what I understand. The big effort over the last 15 years has been on improving the tone arm and even version 3 to 4 are supposed to be different tables (i haven't compared any of the previous ones)
You are too quick to say. It is a revisited.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What do you mean by re visit? Thought he had reposted it, not revisited the table?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You are right. He reposted on Sept 24, 2018. It is my misunderstanding.
Apologize for that.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You are right. He reposted on Sept 24, 2018. It is my misunderstanding.
Apologize for that.

Tang

I read all Fremer articles in detail. Despite some of the fun made on the forum he is the reviewer I really respect. I haven't read better reviews than the ones he has written on Brinkmann balance, Jan Allaerts, Monaco page 4, (and by better reviews I don't mean better for those products, but the ones where I totally felt word to word he got it and was being honest). Also the Allaerts was loaned to him by a reader and Brinkmann was on a short, not long term loan to him.

He doesn't mention strengths and weaknesses only in the articles of a component review but also in follow ups. I also agree with him on weaknesses he has mentioned on kuzma tables, SME, and avid acutus. I do not agree with him on kuzma 4p or SAT positives but that's fine. His review of top wing also seems fair on the positives.

Plus his wording seems spot on. For example, on Components where I agree with Roy Gregory on the end result, I can never understand what he is listening or describing. With Fremer every word is spot on. Read the Brinkmann review and follow up and the Allaerts. You haven't heard Allaerts but read anyway

I have read all his reviews. I read about Vyger as well. I spoke in detail to 108cy and the General on Vyger.

Btw now you get how really ahead of time Gian is, he owned a Vyger in 2003, and now bought it again

Reactions: lordcloud and Kyle1

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I read now the review and is very old model,could be the first generation,now is the IV generation.
I understand because use a pump with oil inside,now there is no oil inside,is dry and is bigger double
Then new arm is in ceramic and special carbon fiber and now there is a digital interface to bring air in the platter and tonearm

This is old pump

The new is much bigger and there is the new digital interface

Attachments

• IMG_6825.jpg
    IMG_6825.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing