VYGER now available in the US

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,
this is the IV generation and you cannot buy because the number IV is no good for Asian people.
If you decide to buy one day i will ask Enrico Datti of Vyger to do a new generation,the V, for you

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Tang,
this is the IV generation and you cannot buy because the number IV is no good for Asian people.
If you decide to buy one day i will ask Enrico Datti of Vyger to do a new generation,the V, for you

Is that a 5 with an 8 inch arm?

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
That Atlantis IV Generation tt looks awesome! I wonder how it rates up against similarly priced air bearing tt's like the Tech Das AF2 Premium?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That Atlantis IV Generation tt looks awesome! Does it have a separate air pump like the Tech Das AF2P?

Separate or not it is way superior to the AF1p -'Bob sells both so feel free to go and compare to verify this statement

Reactions: Bodhi

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Viger told me that one Asian distributor tried Atlantis and Af1 and told Atlantis was much better,
but i don't know.
Sure Vyger has very good tonearm also

Reactions: 108CY

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Separate or not it is way superior to the AF1p -'Bob sells both so feel free to go and compare to verify this statement
That's impressive considering the Vyger Atlantis IV is half the price. Duly noted.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The Atlantis should be here Julyish, then anyone can compare the AF1P to the Atlantis, but I believe that is still hard to do as each will have different cartridges. One might prefer the cartridge on one or the other etc.

The AF1P is sitting on a CMS stand and the Vyger will be on a Taiko audio Daiza platform, which will be sitting on a SRA stand. Hard to tell what's doing what to who when you have a few different variables as the cartride/stands etc.

Reactions: shakti

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
You could argue, even if the Vyger Atlantis IV was head to head sound-wise with the AF1P on any given day, that would still be impressive as I said considering it's price point. And I have to say I actually prefer it's aesthetics. It is a beautifully engineered table.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Also in the price of Vyger is included the tonearm
With Techdas has to buy a tonearm

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I prefer the look of the Atlantis vs. the Indian, just a personal preference. I already had the SRA rack so it all works for me with the Atlantis. Although it's a great point if someone prefers the aesthetics of the Indian Sig. and also doesn't have an existing stand.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Atlantis is easier to install you can put it on an Ikea rack. The Indian signature you need to get the feet on concrete non suspended floor.

The IS does have more solidity in each note and a bit more weight. Both have excellent weight and linearity through midbass.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I read all Fremer articles in detail. Despite some of the fun made on the forum he is the reviewer I really respect. I haven't read better reviews than the ones he has written on Brinkmann balance, Jan Allaerts, Monaco page 4, (and by better reviews I don't mean better for those products, but the ones where I totally felt word to word he got it and was being honest). Also the Allaerts was loaned to him by a reader and Brinkmann was on a short, not long term loan to him.

He doesn't mention strengths and weaknesses only in the articles of a component review but also in follow ups. I also agree with him on weaknesses he has mentioned on kuzma tables, SME, and avid acutus. I do not agree with him on kuzma 4p or SAT positives but that's fine. His review of top wing also seems fair on the positives.

Plus his wording seems spot on. For example, on Components where I agree with Roy Gregory on the end result, I can never understand what he is listening or describing. With Fremer every word is spot on. Read the Brinkmann review and follow up and the Allaerts. You haven't heard Allaerts but read anyway

This has been obvious for a while now.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
VYGER Atlantis IV - Italian Stallion

20190807_195125.jpg

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Are your shelves bending under the load or is that an illusion with the picture?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Are your shelves bending under the load or is that an illusion with the picture?

It's an illusion and even standing in the room at certain angles it appears as such, but from the side or with a level on it, it's straight.

The reason is the front of the shelves are bowed outward/convex.

I'll let you know if it all comes crashing down:)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
How do you like the Atlantis Bob. What was the immediate impression when first heard in your system.

Tang :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing