VYGER now available in the US

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
How do you like the Atlantis Bob. What was the immediate impression when first heard in your system.

Tang :)
Hi Tang,

Amazement;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The Atlantis is easier to install you can put it on an Ikea rack. The Indian signature you need to get the feet on concrete non suspended floor.

The IS does have more solidity in each note and a bit more weight. Both have excellent weight and linearity through midbass.

Definitely do not place an Atlantis on an Ikea rack. It will break - the Atlantis is very heavy and Ikea furniture is turd and breaks.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Definitely do not place an Atlantis on an Ikea rack. It will break - the Atlantis is very heavy and Ikea furniture is turd and breaks.

I think someone should do a compare putting table after table on it to see which breaks the rack

108CY

May 4, 2013
Viger told me that one Asian distributor tried Atlantis and Af1 and told Atlantis was much better,
but i don't know.
Sure Vyger has very good tonearm also

To me it is without question a fact the Airforce one Premium while very solid can sound rather sterile, its like everything is super focussed and extremely tidy, but one with a good ear will soon realise it has a midrange hardness which can be reduced with careful arm matching but still apparent. The Atlantis when set up well has the ability to disappear it has a great sense of bloom but also allows the bass the breath in a natural sense almost with no sense on mechanical restraining to me its far more captivating and transparent in the real sense with far less mechanical grain. The Mid bass sounds far more convincing on the vyger its kind of uncanny how it integrates as a complete presentation.

108CY

May 4, 2013
For me a more interesting comparison is one between the Vyger and the Cs port, the cs Port is most certainly a truly captivating turntable with its 30kg platter, the arm is a low pressure low flow design very different to the traditional low flow high pressure arm on the vyger. Its in some ways quite a unconventional design with some real magic I have had one set up for around 5 months now and been putting it trough its paces.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For me a more interesting comparison is one between the Vyger and the Cs port, the cs Port is most certainly a truly captivating turntable with its 30kg platter, the arm is a low pressure low flow design very different to the traditional low flow high pressure arm on the vyger. Its in some ways quite a unconventional design with some real magic I have had one set up for around 5 months now and been putting it trough its paces.

Quite willing to help you out in your "interesting compare"

Reactions: 108CY

108CY

May 4, 2013

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: 108CY and christoph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: christoph and 108CY

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Why don't you guys say what you REALLY mean?

108CY

May 4, 2013
Is this a polite way of a brit sayin f*#k off?

Tang :D

Golden Ears loveable Ked will indeed be indeed be invited in due course, after taking his shoes off will be promted to sit down just listen :) and not touch any thing and no lengthy comparisons.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Golden Ears loveable Ked will indeed be indeed be invited in due course, after taking his shoes off will be promted to sit down just listen :) and not touch any thing and no lengthy comparisons.

That's like inviting someone over for a game of football and asking him to stand in the corner. You have to let him play, not make him watch you play.

Reactions: Lagonda and 108CY

108CY

May 4, 2013
That's like inviting someone over for a game of football and asking him to stand in the corner. You have to let him play, not make him watch you play.

you invited as a spectator at this point not to kick around the ball.;)

108CY

May 4, 2013
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing