WADAX dedicated forum

Although the attached review is primarely about the Rockport Lyra loudspeakers, the reviewer listened to these transducers using the the Wadax Reference server and dac combo. With this combo he experienced (streamed) files as never before (“remarkable beautiful” in his words):

Beautiful! I have to ask: have you heard this system? Is this yours?

1. I note the Robert Koda K15EX/K160 monos...so naturally am always intrigued to learn about fellow owners. Plus I also see Zanden, so this is potentially an 'ear' that I have some common ground with.

2. What other digital did this owner have before the Wadax?

3. Also, are those Cessaro subs alongside the main Cessaros?

It is Audio Exotics Singapore system…
Thank you. Knowing the Robert Kodas & Zanden sounds, with 100db efficiency speakers plus independently powered dual-subs, that system has huge potential.

...I hope that system sounds good, because it is an obscenely delicious, futuristic, visual gaga to behold. Chapeau, Singapore audio brothers.

Reactions: ctydwn
Yes, looks killer. But would like some more trickle down for us with a lesser budget! MLs got me wanting to hear this manufacturer.
There is also Arcadia Dac by Wadax (I am a happy owner) which uses the same musiChip and has a "normal" price tag
wadax1.jpg

Reactions: thomask
@econom

I didn’t see that on their website when I was there in the last week. Thanks for mentioning it. Would you provide some insight on its sound quality? What did you compare it to? I appreciate anything you have to share. Regards

There is also Arcadia Dac by Wadax (I am a happy owner) which uses the same musiChip and has a "normal" price tag
@econom

I didn’t see that on their website when I was there in the last week.
the Arcadia is a legacy model. no longer built. i've read and heard it does sound very special.

i suspect that the Arcadia has the original musiC chip.

the Atlantic dac has the musiC 2 chip.

the Reference Dac has the Dual-differential musiC 3 128-bit-feed-forward error correction chip..

Reactions: thomask
Thanks for the info Mike, I didn't know that Arcadia is a legacy model since it was introduced in 2018.

I moved to Arcadia (combined with Atlantis server) from MSB Diamond V dac.
The wadax has more detail, better transients and wider soundstage a better dac overall

More info

Thanks for the info Mike, I didn't know that Arcadia is a legacy model since it was introduced in 2018.

I moved to Arcadia (combined with Atlantis server) from MSB Diamond V dac.
The wadax has more detail, better transients and wider soundstage a better dac overall

More info
interesting. i could be wrong about it being discontinued. tried to find anything showing it is still for sale; but could find nothing. and it's musiC chip could be the same as the Atlantis level, since it was introduced at a similar time.

how long have you owned the Arcadia dac?

Last edited:
the cut Javier is using is "Chant" off the "The Best Of Fourplay--2020".

and Quboz has a 96/24 version that is much better than the 16/44.
its just what he used to demo it .One can use almost any well recorded track

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing