Wadax Reference Server

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Very interesting. I would think that at the highest level, separating power supplies and dac design innovations would be more in line with 'removing' all the additive sound coming from both the digital and electrical circuits. It seems you heard a type of 'watermark' on the music.
Maybe.... I figured a second listen would confirm it or not... Even if it is there, I liked it..

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
First USA ref server power supply in the house. It will be in my room system and playing as soon as the rest of my gear comes back from the show. I will be happy to talk about what it does then. I am excited looking forward to listening

Reactions: Steve Vu

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
But lets say Verastarr admits the Wadax is better/ more favourable then the equipment he sells .
(First of all it wouldn t make much business sense to admit that .)
(I wouldnt do it even at gunpoint if i were a dealer ) :)

Luckily dealers / distributors have a few escape clausules ....

Interconnects / speaker cables didnt match .
Powercords were..... too short
Speakers weren t optimally placed .
Room was a mismatch .
Excessive room treatment was used .
Seating position was not optimal .
Music format favours a certain digital combination and vice versa .
Weather conditions were not optimal
Impedance characterics of the speakers didnt match
Source material was not of high quality .
Music that was played favoured the other combination.
Amps were not powerfull enough to show what the set up is really capable off .
Room dimensions were just plain wrong .
This digital set up can only show its true potential in combination with transparent transducers like horns so the whole comparison is not valid .
The equipment can only live up to its true potential if mated with tubes
LOL, wow, sounds like you should be a Dealer !! ... Im the guy that will admit my true feelings.. It really should sound better. A LOT better if price is any indication of performance. Maybe it just does something special that no other DAC sounds like. Thats what I think I heard...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
LOL, wow, sounds like you should be a Dealer !! ... Im the guy that will admit my true feelings.. It really should sound better. A LOT better if price is any indication of performance. Maybe it just does something special that no other DAC sounds like. Thats what I think I heard...

Afaik it shouldn t really matter what you think .
People have all kinds of preferences in high end audio which dont necessarily correspond with your views
If i was a dealer for a living in high end audio the first thing i would do is make an analysis of what brands sell the best/ most and be done with it , that would be my portfolio.
Just like any dealer / business model

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
People have all kinds of preferences in high end audio which dont necessarily correspond with your views
If i was a dealer for a living in high end audio the first thing i would do is make an analysis of what brands sell the best/ most and be done with it , that would be my portfolio.
I was joking with you.. I agree most dealers are full of crap. Those are the excuses dealers use who dont know how to set up a system.. They pick the most marketed brands that allow them to sit back and take orders. Most couldn't give a crap whether or not that best selling blue meter gives the client the musical enjoyment they came for. They analyze the bank account. Im in this industry for the Music and the people that love Music. The gear is just a tool. The fact I make a living at it is a blessing.

Reactions: Brucemck2

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
I was joking with you.. I agree most dealers are full of crap. Those are the excuses dealers use who dont know how to set up a system.. They pick the most marketed brands that allow them to sit back and take orders. Most couldn't give a crap whether or not that best selling blue meter gives the client the musical enjoyment they came for. They analyze the bank account. Im in this industry for the Music and the people that love Music. The gear is just a tool. The fact I make a living at it is a blessing.
Over the years I’ve gotten great advice and service from Verastarr. There are a few dealers with both good ears and high integrity and he’s one of them.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
Those brands are already taken in your area.
So, pick some second tier brands in awareness that sound good and pitch them. They probably sound very good, but will not sell themselves as easily.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing