Wadax Server PSU unit has now arrived

after 4 days back with my standard DC cables, I am fully appreciating again what adding the power supply did! it's nothing I take for granted and Level 3 Wadax is awesome sounding.

but......no doubt.....i miss Level 4 and those Akasa DC cables. can't un-hear it. :oops: my dreams are now red tinged.;)

My own Level 4 has landed. Installed the 3 (red cables below) Akasa DC cables a couple hours ago. They are directional looking at the cable woven jackets (bottom pic). Now a couple hours in, my stressful anticipation is justified, and my previous thoughts/perceptions (posts #147 & 156) on these are again realized. Played some ‘go-to’s’ and am immersed in my happy place.

these are new cables, so break-in is always something to think about. OTOH they are not signal cables, or AC power cables with plugs and IEC connections. they are DC cables with exotic proprietary interfaces. so i have no idea how time might change things, or just settling. but i seem to be hearing all i heard from those demo cables. i'll report it if i hear any change that is noticeable.

IMG_1500.jpegIMG_1501.jpeg

Last edited:
The Akasa dc cables will sound better after say 100-200 hours of playing in. They did in my LA system so they will get better in your set up as well.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Very nice Mike. I am sure it sounds wonderful. I am constantly amazed at how far we can push sound quality. Look at how well engineered Wadax is. Then add a simple DC cable and SQ improves. Add a better switch and SQ improves again. and on and on it goes. Makes me wonder how far from the top we really are.

Very nice Mike. I am sure it sounds wonderful. I am constantly amazed at how far we can push sound quality. Look at how well engineered Wadax is. Then add a simple DC cable and SQ improves. Add a better switch and SQ improves again. and on and on it goes. Makes me wonder how far from the top we really are.
You are completely right. And please do not forget top notch grounding: in my system the positive effects of grounding with Tripoint Audio’s top of the line grounding cables and ‘grounding’ stations on the Wadax gear (with its dedicated grounding binding posts on all major Wadax pieces, including all PSU’s) are hard to believe.

Sometimes it is hard to wrap ones head around what makes a difference and how much of a difference it makes. The Akasa reference DC cable is anything but "simple" and to me it was hard to understand why this should make a difference at all. I did speak at length to the Wadax crew to get an explanation and they had one even if it zoomed over my head. In some cases there are "changes" and in other cases in audio there are "differences" to me I am only looking for things in my system that truly take me closer to my music. I know most will doubt this and write ot off however these cables made a very audible change to a set of products that were already at the cutting edge of what seemed possible.
THis IMO is not a 'tweek" but rather something very new or at least very new to me and it does advance the Wadax product and their "art."

it's not like you can insert the Akasa cables into other products and expect a particular result. or add the Server Power Supply and have it give you the same jump. i see the Wadax approach as consistent with my philosophy of having gear that is not limiting. they have a design approach where it can get the full benefit from these additions. the basic design has headroom for improvement.

i know you have added the Wadax Reference server, so you see this too.

my perspective is that the basic Wadax does not have constricting 'weak links' holding back higher performance. it's ready to rock!!!! it's shown to be worthy of my commitment to it.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing