Wadax Studio

Thanks for the update Rich. It seems that the Studio met your sonic needs, so it's a shame that you haven't found a UI that works for you. Did you use it with app or via the on device display?
Perhaps the Kalista. I know that Lotus Hi-Fi sell that. I've also head good things about the Rockna Wavedream combo, and they have a new top of range DAC coming soon.

Perhaps the Kalista. I know that Lotus Hi-Fi sell that. I've also head good things about the Rockna Wavedream combo, and they have a new top of range DAC coming soon.

We didn't try the Apple interface, just CD playback using the remote. It wasn't only about the user interface,, the Studio is a wonderful sounding unit, but with my visual issues a number of very minor complexities which would be no problem at all to a sighted individual are more challenging for me, hence my reluctance to pursue going through with the purchase.

Funny you should mention Kalista, it was my first thought as well, however having discussed this with Richard at Lotus, he felt the Kalista sound ranges more to the silky warmer end of the spectrum, I wanted to keep things as neutral as possible, so I'm currently looking at a 2 box solution, Metronome Le Player 4 Cd transport and Thrax Maximinus 2S dac, both employ touch button controls to some degree, oh for the days before touch screens. :)

We didn't try the Apple interface, just CD playback using the remote. It wasn't only about the user interface,, the Studio is a wonderful sounding unit, but with my visual issues a number of very minor complexities which would be no problem at all to a sighted individual are more challenging for me, hence my reluctance to pursue going through with the purchase.

Funny you should mention Kalista, it was my first thought as well, however having discussed this with Richard at Lotus, he felt the Kalista sound ranges more to the silky warmer end of the spectrum, I wanted to keep things as neutral as possible, so I'm currently looking at a 2 box solution, Metronome Le Player 4 Cd transport and Thrax Maximinus 2S dac, both employ touch button controls to some degree, oh for the days before touch screens. :)
Well I hope that you find something that you like and can get along with. With my CJ and Zanden I still have plenty of buttons!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu