well-balanced & great soundstage

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
some improvements:

I've just upgraded my Totaldac D1 Dual to Six. Better refinement, details and soundstage. I can hear details I had never heard before. Incredible piece of technology, Bravo Vincent. This dac is a truly milestone of my system.

IMG_6372-30.jpg

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
second improvement:

I've just installed two platforms based on magnetic levitation under both my Poseidons.
First feedbacks are greatly positive, much calmer even at high sound pressure, trumpets and flutes even more real and without any hint of distortion, third dimension further increased.

IMG_9944-30.jpg

IMG_9929-30.jpg

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Great system Paolo!
I can only dream off

What is the benefit of the Entreq and those Alu blocks on top of you're equipment?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Great system Paolo!
I can only dream off

What is the benefit of the Entreq and those Alu blocks on top of you're equipment?

Thanks.
Entreq Poseidon groundboxes give to the system more body and natural effect. Bass are deeper.
The aluminium alloy bloks help for chassis vibration damping.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Thx Paolo,

I also use the 260 power amp.
Great amp but i hate the noisy transformer inside.
I can hear it at my listening position.

Can you tell something about the sound improvement by adding the Elrod's?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thx Paolo,

I also use the 260 power amp.
Great amp but i hate the noisy transformer inside.
I can hear it at my listening position.

Can you tell something about the sound improvement by adding the Elrod's?

Yes , 260 is a great amp indeed.
Elrod PCs are one of better improvement of the system during my Hi-End journey.
They give more boost to med-bass and much more refined High freq.
I was stunned how much a power cord could improve the sound.

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
I tried to get the most out of the consistency and naturalness of the soundstage.
The main milestones were the achievement of great scene and three-dimensionality through the synergy of the components and the room acoustical treatment.
The apartment is part of an house of the 14th century, consequently it has been not easy to combine the system with existing structures.

View attachment 32586

View attachment 32587

View attachment 32588

View attachment 32589

View attachment 32590

With a few louis armstrong records and mullard valves, you may be able to recover.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
I love them MIT Oracle MA series but the prices are skyhigh.
You don't see them often used.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Looks great!

Do you have the adjacent piano damped when listening to your system?

what do you mean?
Piano is out of the listening place part of my house, and if I have correctly understood your question, not it does not influence with its harmonic box.

IMG_0327-30.jpg

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
Sorry!

From the images, the piano looks close enough to damage the focus & purity of your system.

Having run across this issue dozens of times while voicing clients' systems to their rooms (and in each of these instances the piano needed to be damped acoustically), I thought that it might be slightly interfering with your sound.

Glad that it isn't - awesome set-up!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Sorry!

From the images, the piano looks close enough to damage the focus & purity of your system.

Having run across this issue dozens of times while voicing clients' systems to their rooms (and in each of these instances the piano needed to be damped acoustically), I thought that it might be slightly interfering with your sound.

Glad that it isn't - awesome set-up!

thank you, pleased to receive compliments from an expert like you.
My system have a large and deep soundstage as never heard. In my opinion TotalDac-Spectral-Avalon combo (tuned by MIT Oracle cables) gives the sound a refined and realistic sense of true.
What is strange for me (at least it seems to me) is why this loudspeaker manufacturer has more fans outside the US than inside.

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
What is strange for me (at least it seems to me) is why this loudspeaker manufacturer has more fans outside the US than inside.

I agree. Personally, I think it's marketing (or lack of it).

That said, I have a StraightTalk session with an Avalon Eidelon owner in 20 minutes or so... :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing