What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Not an unfair statement. Could you mention an album or recent post in here that you did find accord with.

I'll take more care in what I attempt to make you listen to. :)
I quite liked Sebastian Manz

Reactions: rando
Hi random

I'm grateful for all the recommendations here in this thread but I can't listen to all of them. May it either be due to a lack of time or that I can't find the exact recording on Qobuz or Tidal (like with the album you mentioned from Pina Napolitano). I did listen into the four other albums of her and didn't find them to my taste. Maybe they were a little over my (classical novice) head but I gave them a try and commented back.

if I like something I give a like and if I like something especially I give a like AND comment back.

Ha, two 'random' already this morning. :)

I appreciate the language barrier and listening to Classical only on Sunday mornings are both restrictive. Your tastes appear to be upheld by orchestral music that is pastoral or otherwise relatable to nature. I understood, and appreciated, you adding a like on my posts of Doráti and Grieg.

The intended question was if we had opened you up to less common musical pairings or any other paths. By doing so I hoped to find out what had inspired you to speak out. Apologies if you feel I was attempting to extort you into answering for stating an adverse opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
Ha, two 'random' already this morning. :)

I appreciate the language barrier and listening to Classical only on Sunday mornings are both restrictive. Your tastes appear to be upheld by orchestral music that is pastoral or otherwise relatable to nature. I understood, and appreciated, you adding a like on my posts of Doráti and Grieg.

The intended question was if we had opened you up to less common musical pairings or any other paths. By doing so I hoped to find what out what had inspired you to speak out. Apologies if you feel I was attempting to extort you into answering for stating an adverse opinion.
Sorry, rando, the "random" was a result of the damned autocorrect feature of my ancient tablet that escaped my attention.

I'm right now listening to Grim's album "Through broken time" which is (mostly) more to my liking than the Anssi Kartunnen Cello Mystery Variations I listened into before.

I'm grateful for your attempt to widen my horizon.

Sorry, rando, the "random" was a result of the damned autocorrect feature of my ancient tablet that escaped my attention.

I'm right now listening to Grim's album "Through broken time" which is (mostly) more to my liking than the Anssi Kartunnen Cello Mystery Variations I listened into before.

I'm grateful for your attempt to widen my horizon.

I'd fully expect Andolink and Bachtoven as the more likely listener to find one or both of those compelling. Horrible follow up post on my part.

Multiple recent posts, Markelov's symphonies for instance, came about from deeply exploring the still in it's infancy US Qobuz catalog. Where immensely large tracts of music are silently being added monthly from absolute obscurity on this side of the world. The large number of South American and Latin Classical selections had similar genesis during the buildup to announcing Qobuz would now serve numerous of those countries.

I'll make sure my next few posts are of stunning quality and easily transferrable to your interests.

I'd fully expect Andolink and Bachtoven as the more likely listener to find one or both of those compelling. Horrible follow up post on my part.

I'll make sure my next few posts are of stunning quality and easily transferrable to your interests.
Please don't feel obliged to simplify your recommendations because of me.

lvmfe1x3oqauc_600.jpg
I'm right now revisiting this album and I really like it.
Thanks.

Reactions: Audire
While not quite hitting all the marks of those few albums unavoidably having wide and apparent appeal. These two newly released albums fall within the realm of interest to connoisseurs.

In Mystery of Time, an underestimated gem of 20th-century European symphonic music, he [Kabelá?] expresses his emotional trepidation of and fascination with space, the solid order that governs the cosmos.

w08gxeqpmc2xb_600.jpg

The composer was mentioned twice in the Schultz comic strip. The second coming days before premiere of "Peanuts® Gallery for Piano & Orchestra."

nyi72evd8cvkb_600.jpg

1665912196731.png

DG house sound on new Hr?ša interpretation of this symphony held back any enjoyment. Not very often RCA Red Seal is associated with this good of a release.

0886443367210_600.jpg

Giuseppe Maria Cambini (1746-1825): String Quartets 1-3
Quartetto Le Ricordanze

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODE2MDE0Ni4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZS...jpg

Pasquale Ricci (1732-1817): Six Symphonies
Atalanta Fugiens - - Vanni Moretto

91jOefX0OSL._SL1500_.jpg

Giuseppe Maria Cambini: String Quartets 4, 5 and 6
Quartetto Le Ricordanze

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODE2MDE0Ny4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZS...jpg

DG house sound on new Hr?ša interpretation of this symphony held back any enjoyment. Not very often RCA Red Seal is associated with this good of a release.

0886443367210_600.jpg
I just listened to the whole album and really liked it :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing