What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

My go to Dvorak ....
image.jpeg

Last edited:
No, I haven't. Until the last year or two, I was not that big of a Dvorak fan, but I like his music qutie a bit, now. One set of symphonies will probably suffice! ;)

No, I haven't. Until the last year or two, I was not that big of a Dvorak fan, but I like his music qutie a bit, now. One set of symphonies will probably suffice! ;)

Thanks...if you ever get tempted to try, let me know!

Disc one. More magnificent playing.

910jUh2i76L._SL500_.jpg

Daniil Trifonov playing a stunning recital:
00:00 - Scriabin Piano Sonata no. 3, op. 23
19:08 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 51 no. 2
22:32 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 26 no. 2
23:51 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 20 no. 1
26:42 - Stravinsky-Agosti Three Dances from The Firebird
38:23 - Debussy Images, Book 1
52:31 - Chopin 12 Etudes, op. 25
encores
01:22:58 - Chopin 3 Etudes, op. 10
01:31:15 - Strauss-Trifonov Die Fledermaus Overture

Bruckner - Wand.jpg

Finished listening to this set today (Disc two). Previous comments apply to it!

910jUh2i76L._SL500_.jpg

No.1 and 2 today. Fantastic playing and very good sound (partly due to the use of tube mics and a tube mic preamp).

716%2BksDfGdL._SL500_.jpg

Daniil Trifonov playing a stunning recital:
00:00 - Scriabin Piano Sonata no. 3, op. 23
19:08 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 51 no. 2
22:32 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 26 no. 2
23:51 - Medtner Fairy Tale op. 20 no. 1
26:42 - Stravinsky-Agosti Three Dances from The Firebird
38:23 - Debussy Images, Book 1
52:31 - Chopin 12 Etudes, op. 25
encores
01:22:58 - Chopin 3 Etudes, op. 10
01:31:15 - Strauss-Trifonov Die Fledermaus Overture

I very much like that John. And posting a music video is a quick beneficial access to it.

I very much like that John. And posting a music video is a quick beneficial access to it.

Bob, glad you liked it. Trifonov is one of my favorite young pianists. Too bad that wasn't a true video, but the sound was at least decent for YT.

Tonight's Sunday Night Private Concert:

ADEC_6113__6185__01152009111707-176.jpg

It makes me feel old when I realise that two people I knew very well (two of my Grand Parents) had lives that well and truly overlapped with that of Mahler.

Don't miss this ... Sublime Sibelius !

image.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu