What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
F. J. Haydn: Symphony No. 78 in C minor

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Liza Lim: Songs found in a dream
ELISION ensemble

hcr02cd-front-cover_sml2.jpg

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Beautiful Sunday here, so I thought I'd to drop this one on the TT:

R-2367046-1287841531.jpeg.jpg

Liner notes are by Joaquin Rodrigo himself :)
Very good sound, a little diffuse sometimes, but very natural nonetheless!

cheers,
alex

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Enno Poppe: Speicher I-VI for large ensemble (2008-2013)
Klangforum Wien/Enno Poppe

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
F. J. Haydn: Symphony No. 77 in B-flat Major

Aaron Cassidy: And the scream, Bacon’s scream, is the operation through which the entire body escapes through the mouth (or, Three Studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion) for oboe (musette, English horn), clarinet (e-flat, bass clarinet), trumpet, trombone, harp, percussion, violin, viola, double bass (2010)

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Salvatore Accardo Diabolus in Musica.jpg

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
image.jpg Lloyd I prefer this

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Beautiful Sunday here, so I thought I'd to drop this one on the TT:

View attachment 32176

Liner notes are by Joaquin Rodrigo himself :)
Very good sound, a little diffuse sometimes, but very natural nonetheless!

cheers,
alex

I've got the Speakers Corner version of this one. I can't compare to the original Philips but my summation of it is very similar to yours. I will be purchasing the DG vinyl LP of Narciso Yepes when the reissue comes out next month:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/123470/Alonso-Rodrigo_Concierto_De_Aranjuez-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

I know DG don't have the best reputation amongst audiophiles (personally I really like the DG house sound) but in this case, I think the Yepes recording is a better one, both in terms of performance and sound.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Best of all is the profound sense of pathos radiating from every strand of the final Adagio Lamentoso movement in which the Pittsburgh string section gets to shine. In the final two minutes alone, with its pseudo failing heartbeat rhythmic pulse, the lower strings are darkness shrouded in darkness, the epitome of intense gravity, and this account leaves a profound impression. If you're looking for an up-to-date, live, full-spectrum recording, you can't do much better than this."
Jean-Yves Duperron of Classical Music Sentinel

Great DXD recording, from reference recordings. https://referencerecordings.nativedsd.com/albums/FR720SACD-tchaikovsky-symphony-no-6-in-b-minor-dvorak-rusalka-fantasy#

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
This new release from Fabio Biondi and Europa Galante is another winner based on my first hearing of the first two concertos on the disc:

8424562234079-cover-zoom(2).jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing