What cables are you using in your system ?????

Can you please elaborate on this? Have you heard a ching Cheng power cord in comparison to the Kondo?

If a "noname" powercord sounds better than a "good" powercord, why must you assume there's a problem with the system, but not the other way around? Can't you just take the savings earned from the "no name" powercord besting the "good" powercord and invest that into your system?
I guess I explained it very well with my prior post and there is no need for further explanation.

Cost about €7000.00 or 10% of the total cost of my 2 systems not including my ReVox B780 or ReVox tape deck from the early 1980's.
You have mentioned cost (yours and average cost of systems for folks who post on WBF and on another forum) in several of your posts. With all due respect, what's the importance and is there some nexus between cost and performance that you believe is relevant? Best.

Last edited:
esprit eureka and Gaia

I am using Hijiri cables throughout my audio system:
- H-SLC Loudspeaker Cables
- TAKUMI SMT Power Cords
- KIWAMI HGP RCA Cable

Very natural sounding cables.... with incredible openness and transparency...

Reactions: Steveo
I use mostly Audio Note cables—-Sogon, Vx and Lexus interconnects, and SPx speaker cables. And Audio Note Isis power cords for nearly everything.

For the interconnect between DAC and linestage I use unshielded WE wire from the early 1950s.

The internal wiring in my speaker cabinets is a mix of the same WE wire as well as Audio Note Lexus, SPa and SPx.

Reactions: A-Line
High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Ultimate Reference - RCA Interconnects
High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Ultimate Reference - Dgitial spdif
High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Enhanced - Speaker Cables
Nordost Heimdall 2 - Power Cables

Silvercore pure silver (rca)& echole orius rca+speakercable

Please just get a David Laboga Emerald 2 USB cable. Its amazing bang for the buck and will give your system a major lift over a generic!
Got it :)

It's been playing for a week now.
Loving it!

I had a Stealth Audio USB T-Select on loan, and I'm glad I didn't buy it, as I prefer the Emerald 2 over it, and as a bonus, it's much cheaper.

Reactions: Anyoldears
Got it :)

It's been playing for a week now.
Loving it!

I had a Stealth Audio USB T-Select on loan, and I'm glad I didn't buy it, as I prefer the Emerald 2 over it, and as a bonus, it's much cheaper.
Really pleased for you, its a great cable!

Reactions: Juiced
Trying out a few more Stealth Audio cables in my system currently....

54006251661_48754ab726_b.jpg

54006251636_3d849760b8_b.jpg

54006578554_4b54f06c1d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcus7

Looks like Dream Petite V16 -T and double tune USB?

I have both along with their 20-20 power cables and Ethernet and have reviewed all of them.

I also did the very first double tune before it was a standard production item - what a FANTASTIC cable.

You can't go wrong with Stealth cables.

Last edited:
Reactions: gfroman
Looks like Dream Petite V16 -T and double tune USB?

I have both along with their 20-20 power cables and Ethernet and have reviewed all of them.

I also did the very first double tune before it was a standard production item - what a FANTASTIC cable.

You can't go wrong with Stealth cables.
Stealth Dream V.14 1.5 meter Bi-Wire
Thanks!

I prefere Klotz series 5000 for all signal wires, Amphenol cinch connectors

ÖLFLEX® CLASSIC 110 CY, shielded for power cords on 240V, Oyaide connectors, Alcatel cabling system with fuses for data center

Mogami 2x4mm2 coaxial for speakers (made in Nagano - Japan), coaxial is a must, preventing induction up to 8A signals to speaker
Someone will turn the eyes in term of prices, but I am involved 50 years in this hobby and tested everything.

Pear Audio TT/ Grado; MC/MM dual current feedback low signal DC coupled (rare) discrete preamp DIY; My own construction 2x200W MosFet Exicon based current feedback amplifier DIY; EV Sentry500 studio monitors (12" woofers); K&M stands; vintage Uher CR240 tape deck; Denon 3930 SACD; MiniMac and Tidal; Topping DAC; Peavey USB console for mixing and testing.

Reactions: gfroman
My preamps and amps are all balanced differential. I am using 30AWG pure silver solid wire with extruded Teflon sheath, 3 of these wires braided, left unshielded and terminated with Lemo connectors. I have installed Lemo sockets in all my equipment. I measured the capacitance and inductance of all the cables to make sure they are optimal for the equipment being connected. For speaker cables, I use 3mm wide pure silver foil with Teflon tape insulation. For the bass amp, just regular large gauge speaker cables for the high current requirement. I have tried different commercial cables over the years, but this combination is by far the best. Since I am using a three-way active crossover and requires a lot of cables, expensive commercial cables is out of the question. The total cost of materials for the cables of my system was around US$300 fifteen years ago, which might be around $450 today.

Reactions: SlapEcho
My preamps and amps are all balanced differential. I am using 30AWG pure silver solid wire with extruded Teflon sheath, 3 of these wires braided, left unshielded and terminated with Lemo connectors. I have installed Lemo sockets in all my equipment. I measured the capacitance and inductance of all the cables to make sure they are optimal for the equipment being connected. For speaker cables, I use 3mm wide pure silver foil with Teflon tape insulation. For the bass amp, just regular large gauge speaker cables for the high current requirement. I have tried different commercial cables over the years, but this combination is by far the best. Since I am using a three-way active crossover and requires a lot of cables, expensive commercial cables is out of the question. The total cost of materials for the cables of my system was around US$300 fifteen years ago, which might be around $450 today.
Where does one get that silver foil and tape from?

How do you like the USB cable? I have the T-Select and I have to say it's excellent (but pricey...)!

Mostly JPS Labs:
- Aluminata Reference
- Kaptovator

Also some cables from HMS (Energia Suprema), Shunyata (Python RCA, XLR) and SR Cables (Swiss brand)

11E08C59-C1A4-4BD6-8397-E23E1850213C_1_105_c.jpeg
F486C55B-1A7C-4580-B0CC-139B4434B474_1_105_c.jpeg1470AA77-D2D1-4D26-A09D-4B409838D1C8_1_105_c.jpeg60709789-D6C4-44AD-A882-50DB6DB1FDCB_1_105_c.jpegB532F1A4-D98B-4D1C-A2BA-593AB44C5732_1_105_c.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu