What cables are you using in your system ?????

Thanks, but I have since moved on. I have found my favorite that (in my system) sounds better in so many aspects than any other cable manufacturer/supplier I have tried. I even have 4 cables on order that haven't even been introduced to the public yet. I was actually the first person in the world to try them out.

Tom
The company you are referring to will be at the Capital Audio Fest in two weeks. I am looking forward to hearing their cables and perhaps talking to the designer.

Thanks, but I have since moved on. I have found my favorite that (in my system) sounds better in so many aspects than any other cable manufacturer/supplier I have tried. I even have 4 cables on order that haven't even been introduced to the public yet. I was actually the first person in the world to try them out.

Tom
It was supposed to be a joke.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
The company you are referring to will be at the Capital Audio Fest in two weeks. I am looking forward to hearing their cables and perhaps talking to the designer.
Jonny will be down in the main booth within the marketplace. It would be hard to miss him.

The cables (mostly the new Takshaka lineup) will be in room 840 with the brand new Popori Speakers. There will be Takshaka XLRs & a bunch of Takshaka PCs, along with the Snake River Audio Signature Series bi-wire speaker cables (the Takshaka speaker cables won't be ready until late spring).

Here is a "sneak peak" of the first two (non-prototype) off the line. These are two of the 4 that I have ordered. These are the first photos that have been seen by the public, anywhere. Gentlemen, meet the Takshaka's...

1729724406261.jpeg

1729724428878.jpeg

BTW, I am not affiliated with Snake River Audio. I didn't even discover them until early last year. Since then, I have outfitted much of my extensive rig with the Snake River Audio cables. Boomslang's, AMP Series PC's, both Cottonmouth and Signature Series IC's and PC's, the Mamushi IC and was privy enough to be the first to audition the new lineup, consisting of the Takshaka IC and PC. I even have some custom cables/blends that were built specifically for my rig and to my exacting sonic specifications.

Please keep in mind, these photos were not professionally done. They were both photos simply taken by a phone and sent to me just to show me that they had been completed. They are currently burning in and I am excited to get that sound back....Because when you hear the Takshaka cables, the more you will want to hear the Takshaka cables. They are simply great cables and Jonny (IMO/IME) absolutely nailed these.

Nothing about this new lineup is even remotely close to anything else he has. From the certifcate, to the box it comes in, to the bag, to the Eddie Twist, to the amount and blend of precious metals, to the shielding, connectors....and the list goes on. This is a completely new lineup.

Tom

My subwoofer connections are no slouch either. I use a 1.5 meter solid silver AQ Wind balanced IC to connect the SS main output of my C-12000 to my Wilson ActivXO electronic crossover. Using the summed mono output of my ActivXO and the LP only (no HP) at 30 Hz 18dB roll off, I use a 23' balanced Wolf subwoofer cable that AQ no longer makes to connect it to my MC2.1KW An, so that it runs independently of my XVX which runs full range. It's 10% silver and retails for 1.5K. It's a beautiful cable as is the Wind. Then from my new and gorgeous MC2.1KW An I use an AQ Redwood 3 meter cable to connect it to my Thor. The Redwood (3-meter, 6.5K one cable) is about 40% solid silver and has the identical double counterspiral geometry that has made the WEL Signature one of the most desirable speaker cables in the history of the high end. William E Lowe is a giant in the history of cable design and manufacturing. IMO improperly designed silver cables can sound irritating compared to copper, but properly designed silver cables can produce a neutral sound that offers superior resolution. I want tremendous resolution but not at the expense of hardness or harshness and I get this with having in so far as I can afford, all silver AQ "connections" beginning with my Dragons. Even in my subwoofer system I use a Dragon coming out of the wall to my Niagara 5000.

Last edited:
Jonny will be down in the main booth within the marketplace. It would be hard to miss him.

The cables (mostly the new Takshaka lineup) will be in room 840 with the brand new Popori Speakers. There will be Takshaka XLRs & a bunch of Takshaka PCs, along with the Snake River Audio Signature Series bi-wire speaker cables (the Takshaka speaker cables won't be ready until late spring).

Here is a "sneak peak" of the first two (non-prototype) off the line. These are two of the 4 that I have ordered. These are the first photos that have been seen by the public, anywhere. Gentlemen, meet the Takshaka's...

View attachment 138339

View attachment 138340
A new model from Snake River? Hey, that's great news, Tom! I have one of their Signature power cords and like it very much.

Reactions: treitz3
Attached are pics of my upgraded subwoofer installation and their power cords in addition to the beautiful AQ Dragon 1 meter IC at 11.9K. It appears that in addition to a 3-meter Firebird HC (8.2K) I was given a 3-meter Firebird source (6.5K), whereas only Hurricanes ( 1 source and 1 HC were specified in the deal. I was unaware of this until just now. That's my audiophile buddy who is significantly younger than me looking at my new gear. He is very technical and knows significantly more about audio than me. He is very enamored with my system and through using equalization he attempts to make his system sound similar to mine. The AQ Monsoon power cord and Coffee digital coaxial IC were gifts to me from my dealer in appreciation for me stepping up and buying the MC2.1KW An, C-12000 An, and MCD12000 An. Both are of very high quality. I also got these pieces at the non An price. Installation was also free and took about 6 hours.

The final pic is what my purchase of my XVX and the An gear allowed my dealer to achieve in his showroom and the reason he was so generous to me. There you notice an XVX driven by 2 MC2.1KW An and the C-12000 An preamp and MCD12000 An cd player . The XVX is priced at 369K no discount.

Attachments

• 20240528_112145.jpg
    20240528_112145.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240528_111302.jpg
    20240528_111302.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240528_114139.jpg
    20240528_114139.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240528_120925.jpg
    20240528_120925.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240528_120254.jpg
    20240528_120254.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240611_141620.jpg
    20240611_141620.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I apologize about the confusion in these posts. I was tired last night after roller skating for 3 hours. The unknown piece was an MCD12000 An.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu