What cables are you using in your system ?????

Hi guy's i would like to know what cables are you using in your system and are you a believer or not.

First i will state that i'm part of the believer group but without going overboard i believe that you should invest at least 15% of your system's value in cables.

Gabriel Gold Rapture R Interconnects
View attachment 4192

Tara Labs Temporal Continuum Speaker cables
View attachment 4193

Grant Fidelity PC-1.5 Power cords ( 4 ) AMP - CD - Acoustat interfaces -
View attachment 4194

Grant Fidelity RPF-120 Conditioner
View attachment 4195
Where did you get 15%? Cables are the biggest ripoff in audio. Most are at least a 50 point line.you can buy used, buy recording studio cable at a fraction of the price, or buy closeout cables like I did at 20 cents on the dollar. I got excellent Madrigal cables that way

Reactions: CSG and Rensselaer
Cables are the biggest ripoff in audio.
Can you please share your specific data that shows what their NET profit is (not gross profit) on a yearly operating basis for cable companies that you used to come to this conclusion?

I'm sure it is much more detailed than the normal keyboard-commando who only looks at cost of materials.

Thank you.

Can you please share your specific data that shows what their NET profit is (not gross profit) on a yearly operating basis for cable companies that you used to come to this conclusion?

I'm sure it is much more detailed than the normal keyboard-commando who only looks at cost of materials.

Thank you.
Robert Harley said in his book that cables are not related to the cost of manufacturing, but rather, what the market will bear. I bought Madrigal HPC cables for 20% of list from a dealer going out of business. Top quality studio cable with Mogami cable with switchcraft connectors are a fraction of the price of so called high end cables. You can also buy used.
I would never pay retail or anywhere near it for most of these insanely priced cables like transparent or MIT with act like tone controls with those useless network boxes.

I would never pay retail or anywhere near it for most of these insanely priced cables like transparent or MIT with act like tone controls with those useless network boxes.
If they act like a tone control, then perhaps they are doing something?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu