What do you think of this video

What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

I watched for a few minutes and thought the sound was not special sort of like listening ear buds. So they were from those Cessaro little speakers?

I think you looked at upper mids and highs, which have more SS/cone tone and not as realistic as good SETs horns or Stats/ribbons.

But what I liked was the bloom (especially on the harp), dynamic range, power, flow, is there. This is only a Vandersteen 3a but has 4 subs, and I did not know that when I heard it. The subs seem very well integrated. I think this makes a case to have smaller cone with 4 subs rather than 2 big speakers. The stage in the room does not seem to fight with the room, it rises and falls and spreads easily. The amp is a custom SS amp and seems to have good control and drive.

The bass power is also clear here

Kedar, did you record this at someone's house? Why is the image so cropped? What was the rest of the system?

No no. This is from Andre Jennings channel. He had sent me the Scheherazade and the things in the video I mentioned above impressed me. I just heard it on YouTube and chatted with him, it is recorded by him. Haven't heard the system myself

Last edited:
however, the best music for audio tests appears to be Haydn "Sturm und Drang" symphonies and Brahms "Hungarian Dances" where the former should replay sounding like a rocket to the sky while the latter would dance you to death:

however, the best music for audio tests appears to be Haydn "Sturm und Drang" symphonies and Brahms "Hungarian Dances" where the former should replay sounding like a rocket to the sky while the latter would dance you to death:

Great music! I love Haydn. I would prefer if you could insert these as YouTube links. As they are, you need to "share" them to yourself to find out what they are, which is a bit cumbersome. Thanks.

If you think this is a problem then it can be solved.
And if its a recording problem ( on the CD) , what you re gonna do then ?? ;)
I think its gets exxagarated by the you tube recording as well .
I just put the CD on and it sounds wonderfull , but indeed with slightly pronounced " hiss "

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing