What do you think of this video

What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

I think your foot bopping tempo needs help. Never become a toe conductor.

I like the vid, but the room sounds a bit resonant from where you sit.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerostargeneral
Hieukm, I stopped listening early because there is too much info lost. Ambient, nuances all gone like there is a vacuum cleaner cleaning up all background. Only sound of instruments pop up. You can go back to Mani's video to listen to ambient. This should be the same album as his but Tidal vs Qobus.

Tang

I don't know this particular recording, but I am not sure if the ambience that I am hearing in Mani's video is the recording or room resonance. I am wondering about that wooden floor without a carpet covering, for example.

To me the ambience sounds less like a concert hall and more like room resonance. Hard to tell though from a phone video, the quality isn't really sufficient.

Reactions: Blue58 and Hieukm
I already told hieukm this earlier, I didn't like the YG video at all. There is a lot of lack of tone, flow, drama. This is only as far as the video is concerned, I haven't heard the system but Hieukm has

Reactions: Folsom and Hieukm
I already told hieukm this earlier, I didn't like the YG video at all. There is a lot of lack of tone, flow, drama. This is only as far as the video is concerned, I haven't heard the system but Hieukm has
This video is updated with Dag M400 Mono Kèd. Please have another listen.

Reactions: bonzo75
All you guys please give opinions on the same recording playing on an all out assault system on digital. You can see the gears in the video.

Oh wow. Hieukm previously had sent me the video with dagostino S250, but there is massive upgrade with M400. Here is the older one so people can contrast. This is going to make all owners of dagostino S250 unhappy as they are going to have to upgrade, as the difference is massive in the video itself.

Reactions: Hieukm
So Hieukm, the flow and contrast and drama now is much more improved with the M400. Yet the bassoon, flute, oboe, show much higher contrast and drama on the Anima, and the impact and density of the brass is phenomenal, even the brief French horn is so potent on the Anima. The violin is better on the YG at the start of the track. The plucks of the bass section which add to the rhythm of the orchestra have much more drama on the Anima. The M400 timing (stop and start) is excellent. Keep in mind mani is using a 1200 GBP first watt with another SS for biamping. The Anima has a more organic timbre but that difference is usually contrasted more on video than real life

Last edited:
So Hieukm, the flow and contrast and drama now is much more improved with the M400. Yet the bassoon, flute, oboe, show much higher contrast and drama on the Anima, and the impact and density of the brass is phenomenal, even the brief French horn is so potent on the Anima. The violin is better on the YG at the start of the track. The plucks of the bass section which add to the rhythm of the orchestra have much more drama on the Anima. The M400 timing (stop and start) is excellent. Keep in mind mani is using a 1200 GBP first watt with another SS for biamping. The Anima has a more organic timbre but that difference is usually contrasted more on video than real life
So you are out of jail time now. You Behave okay?

Oh wow. Hieukm previously had sent me the video with dagostino S250, but there is massive upgrade with M400. Here is the older one so people can contrast. This is going to make all owners of dagostino S250 unhappy as they are going to have to upgrade, as the difference is massive in the video itself.

Personally I much prefer the S250 video, a little soft but there's beautiful intonation with adequate tonal depth and range. New M400? video is just forceful and up front and is missing all subtlety.

david

Reactions: Hieukm
Personally I much prefer the S250 video, a little soft but there's beautiful intonation with adequate tonal depth and range. New M400? video is just forceful and up front and is missing all subtlety.

david

The S250 video is awful in comparison on all parameters

The S250 video is awful in comparison on all parameters

Not by any of my parameters! Listen to the intonation and rise and fall of the notes with the violin and then the woodwinds, there's hardly any with 400 and every note is played at the same level, like a hacksaw. I'm not criticizing the system as such but what's heard in the video.

david

david
David is somewhat right. The S250 video has CS2 under the amp fully burned in, which contributed to the tonal depth and range. The M400 mono is not fully burned in and have no CS2 footer.

You guys ears are remarkable.

Reactions: ddk
Not by any of my parameters! Listen to the intonation and rise and fall of the notes with the violin and then the woodwinds, there's hardly any with 400 and every note is played at the same level, like a hacksaw. I'm not criticizing the system as such but what's heard in the video.

david

I didn't like the tone of either. I liked the contrast of the M400 and the range and the grip. There is more drama within the note with M400. It was making the music swing more. These kind of systems don't do well because of tone. For realism in these systems, it is the grip, swing, drive, effortlessness.

I didn't like the tone of either. I liked the contrast of the M400 and the range and the grip. There is more drama within the note with M400. It was making the music swing more. These kind of systems don't do well because of tone. For realism in these systems, it is the grip, swing, drive, effortlessness.

I might have agreed with if this piece was written and performed today but in those days Scheherazade was still female, beautiful, mysterious and not a tranny :rolleyes:.

Going by the video I don't hear the S250 struggling or losing grip where do you hear any of that, it's just recorded at a lower volume. Also if the tone is off then I guess one is really left with a hard tranny with a strong grip :p!

david

Btw the 400 tone is substantially better. Not as good as Anima on the things mentioned in previous post but quite better than the 250

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing