What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

Serge Fiori

Serge Fiori.jpg

new Broken Bells 'The Last Disco' Great show a couple of weeks ago at Webster Hall

Masahiro Sayama Trio: After You
Koyama Taro: Beat the Blues
Sadanori Nakamure & Murakami ''Ponta'' Syuuichi All Stars: We Love Mure San
Mitsuaki Furuno: Ise
Satoru Shionoya: 3!
Toshio Ohsumi Trio: Walk Don't Run
Tetsuro Kawshima Quartet: Inori
Yuichiro Tokuda Ralyzzdig: Crossing Colors
Yosuke Inoue: Life
Takashi Masuzaki: In and Out

Eliane Elias I thought About You (A Tribute to Chet Baker) AIFF 24/96. The vocals are right in the room with you.

Tord Gustavsen Quartet - Extended Circle
Nine Inch Nails - hesitation marks

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions: 1984-1989

Llyod Cole and the Commotions - 1984 - 1989.jpg

Shades of The The.

DR13

Been hunting this one for a while. It is wonderful! (H/T to Joel Durand.)

BARTOK.jpg

I just found a mint copy of this...th.jpg

It is a superb Sheffield Lab DtoD recording and well worth laying your hands on IF you like great SQ and Big Band.

Thanks, Gents...have it in the Amazon basket along with Reference Recordings Bach/Rameau.

Yeah, but your King James version won't be that King James version. Yours will be King James 'light.'

Yeah, but your King James version won't be that King James version. Yours will be King James 'light.'

presumably because its the CD? I actually read that there was a re-release of this which was remastered? True?

presumably because its the CD? I actually read that there was a re-release of this which was remastered? True?

the CD is mastered from a tape back-up. the LP press is direct-to-disc and sonically blows away all subsequent remasters.

the CD is mastered from a tape back-up. the LP press is direct-to-disc and sonically blows away all subsequent remasters.

thanks...I found this remaster:

Sheffield Lab Recordings is pleased to present the reissue of a historic recording: The Harry James Sessions. Consisting of three albums originally recorded direct-to-disc by Sheffield in 1976 and 1979, and now spectacularly re-mastered by Seth Winner from analog disc originals, this program of music from the height of the swing era is a vital representation of one of the great big bands of the 20th century. To hear this music recorded by Sheffield from the perspective of a single stereo microphone, is to hear this magnificent band as dancers heard it in front of the bandstand, with the impact and energy that we don't associate with historic recordings of another era. Pretty thrilling stuff! This amazing 2 disc set includes ALL the music from the Original LP albums: THE KING JAMES VERSION, COMIN' FROM A GOOD PLACE and STILL HARRY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing