What is the best speaker you have ever owned ?????

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
PS: The 3.7 is a very good speaker BUT the 20.7 is in another league.

I have not read any other comments (even from owners) which espouse that opinion, and I love panel speakers. However, for my tastes I'd probably have to add a sub, and maybe even a crossover to the Maggie's, and as it turns out even $13,850 is quite a bit more than I'm paying for the Crescendos.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Hello,

not my Speakers " Active Geithain RL 901K" the Best i ever heared in Combination with Innovative Audio Ultrapath Sym II Tube Preamp.
One of my Friends owned this..one of my Island Systems.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Not quite; I got the "show price".

Sweet! Really looking forward to the pics and your impressions of them Robert! You're gonna be in for a fun time!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
What is the best speaker you ever owned?

None! ...But sometimes I wonder; ... which one(s) was/is (were/are) the most respectable.

So Bob finally answers that he has never had a pair of speakers. Guess that's why he hasn't posted a system.

And Andre deleting all his posts? wtf???

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
So Bob finally answers that he has never had a pair of speakers. Guess that's why he hasn't posted a system.

My main pair of speakers (in actual use) are in my Profile. ...They're just not the best. ...And they're not new either.
And like most members here I have owned several pairs of speakers over the years (since I was thirteen). :b ...And none were the best.

* I don't see Andre deleting his posts. ...Which 'Andre' are you talking about?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I never owned a 'best' speaker myself; they all had faults. ...What is so hard to understand with that Bruce?

Same thing with; who was my best girlfriend that I ever been with? None; they were all 'defective'! ...Some had gorgeous bodies but lacking intellectually, and others were friendly but not inviting physically.

Do you want me to write a book? ...About speakers, and women?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Bruce, let me honestly ask you this: Your post just above; what is its purpose?

In the best interest of WBF's members, I'm going to help you; I'll put you on my ignore list so that you and I stay away from each other for a while, till things get better, hopefully.
Thank you, and goodbye for now.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bob, I don't think the question is not what of the "best" speakers you have owned but rather which speakers you have owned was best amongst them.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob, I don't think the question is not what of the "best" speakers you have owned but rather which speakers you have owned was best amongst them.

I understood the question very well right from the beginning Jack, and my answer is still the same; the most honest answer coming from me.

Again, for the last time: There were none that I like better than another one; they all have their attributes and deficiencies.
And over the years my rooms keep changing too. ...And my state-of-mind as well, and also my musical taste.
I thought real long about the question, and my answer is the most honest that I can give, and I gave it.

Now, if someone is not happy with that and would like somehow to bait me or provoke me or challenge me, that's fine as long as that no one is obsessing with it. I already divulged my honest answer to Andre's original question from his thread, and that is it.
If you want to talk some more in a friendly manner it would be my pleasure to discuss.
But if I feel some 'friction' somewhere, time for peace and I'm out of here. ...Comprende?

And Jack, you are a moderator aren't you?

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

Give up Jack... I tried. I thought the question was clear, concise and simple.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
These arrived yesterday :)

DSCN0347.jpg DSCN0348.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
^^^ Just saw your pics on the SHForums and gave it a "like"...:D! And? What do you think?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
The bass will be breaking for a while, of course. Otherwise they sound pretty much the way they have when I've heard them at the last two RAMFs, which is to say fabulous. Both Myles and devert recommend visiting the Triode/Acoustic Zen room at this year's RAMF as well, based on past performance. One thing I particularly like about this speaker (and it's pretty much a requirement for any speaker I actually buy) is that the sonic character changes very little if at all when playing softly or very very loudly. In fact since my amp changes from class A to class A/B somewhere between 10-20 watts output, it's certainly possible that any change I hear might be due to that.

ozarktom

Jun 23, 2013
I was the fifth largest Acoustat dealer back in the early 80's. I sold a bunch of Acoustats. My favorite was the Acoustat Monitor III's with the DD servo tube amps. They are still a killer today.

Today my favorite are the Zellaton speakers. I own the Emotions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing