What pen do you use?

Who do you like for the best jet black ink

I like Montblanc and Pelikan

I don't use black ink. I use blue, and the one I like the most is the Montblanc Royal Blue. I like the Omas Royal Blue even more, but that ink is impossible to get in Australia. I bought one bottle when I was in Italy and don't want to use up too much of it!

I also have a small collection of pens, Montblancs, Montegrappa, Porsche Design and CaranDache - I love fountain pens but cumbersome as for maintenance.

Currently using this one:

It looks like a fountain pen made from an interconnect ;)

It looks EXACTLY like my Peugeot Pepper grinder!

I don't use black ink. I use blue, and the one I like the most is the Montblanc Royal Blue. I like the Omas Royal Blue even more, but that ink is impossible to get in Australia. I bought one bottle when I was in Italy and don't want to use up too much of it!

I've used Montblanc Royal Blue many decades ago. Once I began signing birth certificates everything had to be in black

I've been using my Waterman Paris almost every day for years. It's a basic entry-level type fountain pen, but I love writing with it. Damned email...it ruined everything! LOL!

I looked through my old things today and found I also have a Waterman. An all blue transparent fountain pen which I think I'll clean up tomorrow and start using again. Ditto with the damned email;)

mr bojangles

---Wow I just discovered this thread!

* I use several pens (there are over two dozens of them right now around my keyboard).
...And several colors too (the ink).

I always take notes and write ideas and poems, and make plans...
I also draw a lot (I was top of my class in Graphic Design).
And I have several STAEDTLER 'pigment liner' pens from Germany, with various sizes (0.1 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.3 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.7 mm), black, and all colors. I must have hundred of those.

My regular pens are simple Parker ballpens from England, with smooth 'clickers'. ...Blue & Black ink too. Fine are my favorites.
I got a wine red color (burgundy) one, and a black one.

When you've been drawing all your life, and went to Art school, pens & pencils are somethin' you have a lot around.

Last edited:
When I was a corporate guy and traveled all of the time (> 2.3 million Delta miles) , I was a Montblanc user (roller ball pens and pencils and still have the pencil) but can't tell you how many got left in the little plastic containers I put stuff in when I went through airport security.

I finally gave up and now use whatever I can find.

---Yeah, the airport security people always steal my lighters (expensive ones too), nail clippers, pocket knives, shaving cream, shaving razors, my drugs, my boose, and just about everything I luv in life! :mad:

I luv more travelling by train or with my private chauffeur.
People don't rob you there. :b

---Yeah, the airport security people always steal my lighters (expensive ones too), nail clippers, pocket knives, shaving cream, shaving razors, my drugs, my boose, and just about everything I luv in life! :mad:

I luv more travelling by train or with my private chauffeur.
People don't rob you there. :b

About five years ago, I travelled from NYC to Rochester to see my daughter perform at the Eastman School of Music. Because it was wintertime, snow was forecast, and up there, when they forecast snow, it does snow, I needed to know that I could get there and back without flights being cancelled or roads being impassable. It was my first long distance train trip (other than the autotrain 35 years ago when I was in school) and I have to say, it was a relaxing, very comfortable trip and I got to use my iPod and computer the entire way from door to door.

I don't have a chauffeur like you, Bob!

I generally left my good pens at home on trips because the TSA people do steal whatever they can get away with under the guise of protecting the passengers and crew.

I don't know why they don't use a better material. Delrin (polyoxymethylene) would also be a very durable material to use.

They have had decades of experience with what they use, and they must know it isn't very durable.

I think they use whatever they use because they like the high repair costs they charge, but they're not getting it from me!

Right on! I only have 3 Mont Blanc - all presents - and they all have cracked barrels. I really hate the plastic material they use.

I have close to 20 Montblanc pens. If you have a cracked barrel Montblanc will do a complete service check and repair for $50

I had a complete overhaul of my Meisterstuck 149 with a new barrel for $50. Ive had this pen since 1973

montblanc-meisterstuck-149-unicef-fountain-pen.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing