What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Thanks for the pic and welcome to WBF?

But do you play the table or keep it and worship it? Looks like the deck sits by itself in the middle of the room :)

Myles,

You are looking at the rare and coveted Fairchild 750. Trust me, he plays it! :)

Reactions: Fred Crane
Christian, maybe you have already answered this but, are you selling your previous clearaudio TT? -

No, I'm too fond of it, especially with the active isolation table under it. The TechDAS should arrive next week, but it may be another week or two until I have a tonearm on it. In the meantime it will make a nice paper weight on my second component rack.

What? You can actually play these things?

Reminds me years ago of this guy who didn't have a turntable and who used to go into G&A Records, the best used record store in the city at that time, and buy all these expensive records. We used to hypothesize what he spun those records on :)

Reminds me years ago of this guy who didn't have a turntable and who used to go into G&A Records, the best used record store in the city at that time, and buy all these expensive records. We used to hypothesize what he spun those records on :)
That was a good store.

Dynavector cartridge 7.13 KD_003.jpg

All these pictures are giving me table envy :) Using the Avid Sequel w/SME V arm and Benz Gullwing or Dynavector XV-1s. Kubala Din > XLR phono cable

• Love
Reactions: MindRise
This is the new table that I am now importing from Italy called the Tourbillon. It's made by the same folks that make the Leonardo speakers. It uses a giant bearing that floats in a bath of oil-the entire well is filled with oil and is at such a height as to seep into two side holes and maintain the proper amount of lubrication. I actually see that I need to add a bit more oil.tourbillon 1.jpgtourbillon 2.jpgtourbillon 3.jpg
Tonearm is the Ikeda IT-407CR1 and cartridge is the Ikeda KAI.

Very pretty Bill! Kinda has a retro look to it. Very nice and congrats!:)

Looks like a Michell Gyro on steroids.

The Air Force One has landed. I know some had concerns on the box packaging. Since it was palleted, there was no issue of the table being thrown around, tossed on it's side, ect...

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 1,010
The Air Force One has landed. I know some had concerns on the box packaging. Since it was palleted, there was no issue of the table being thrown around, tossed on it's side, ect...

Congrats!

Hope you get your arms soon!

How much longer for the arms?

How much longer for the arms?

I don't know yet...hopefully less than two weeks. Now that the shock has worn off that it's actually in my house....I want to hear it bad. The Supreme 12" in the rear is 2 weeks, the 10" Elite in the main slot is 1.5 mos away...estimate.

I don't know yet...hopefully less than two weeks. Now that the shock has worn off that it's actually in my house....I want to hear it bad. The Supreme 12" in the rear is 2 weeks, the 10" Elite in the main slot is 1.5 mos away...estimate.

Start calling Bob every day! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing