What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
I would say it will probably be in the "if you have to ask,you can't afford it" category...

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
I am not using anything like some of the beauties shown here, but I am enjoying my Rega P3 with the External Power Supply, Groovetracer Sub Platter, and Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
MC352, I had that turntable during my naimfan period, it is great but for some reason I could not detect any differences using it with the dust cover placed or removed...

Last edited:

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Hanss T-20TT w/Dynavector XX2mkII cart on Audiomods modified Rega tonearm. Speed controller sits atop Bel Canto phono stage in for review. Usual 'stage is a Klyne 7 v 3.5.3.

Sorry about the poor photo quality -- it's black and reflective aluminum, not a good combo for quick snap.

HanssT-20L..jpg

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
What the...?! There's a thread here about the TTs we use--to which I have previously contributed--and I haven't posted mine? I will rectify that soon, perhaps after my new cartridge is in place.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Are you missing a table/arm there Syntax? :)

Thought the Olympos was in another arm :)

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Syntax has all the onions.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
My spinner...Clearaudio Master Innovation.

I have a 2nd arm (not pictured) Clearaudio Universal with a Shelter Harmony cart also mounted. The primary arm (Graham Phantom Supreme) has an Ortofon A90 cart. The tonearm cable (DIN->Rca) is a Nordost Valhalla.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
rockitman-I heard your table at RMAF and it was without a doubt the best table I heard there or anywhere else for that matter. Of course it didn't hurt that it had the $15K Goldfinger cartridge mounted to the same arm you have. In fairness to Jtinn, I didn't get to hear his table working correctly at RMAF because the bearing was damaged during transit.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
rockitman-I heard your table at RMAF and it was without a doubt the best table I heard there or anywhere else for that matter. Of course it didn't hurt that it had the $15K Goldfinger cartridge mounted to the same arm you have. In fairness to Jtinn, I didn't get to hear his table working correctly at RMAF because the bearing was damaged during transit.

Thanks mep. For my next cart, I'm thinking Lyra Atlas.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing